Conversation A
對話A
Tina: How many holes does this golf course have?
蒂娜:這座高爾夫球場有幾洞?
James: It has 18. Most golf courses do.
詹姆斯:有18洞。大多數的高爾夫球場都是這樣。
Tina: Oh, OK.
蒂娜:哦,好的。
James: The goal of the game is to get the ball into the hole. You have to strike the ball with a club.
詹姆斯:這項運動的目標是要把球打進洞里。你必須用球桿打球。
Tina: That sounds easy.
蒂娜:聽起來很簡單。
James: It's not. You only have a few strokes to do it.
詹姆斯:其實不簡單,你只能打幾桿而已。
Tina: How many?
蒂娜:幾桿?
James: Usually just three, four or five.
詹姆斯:通常只有三、四或五桿。
Conversation B
對話B
Tina: Golf isn't an easy game.
蒂娜:高爾夫球不是一項輕松的運動。
James: It's not, but it's fun! You must hit your ball onto the green. You must also avoid the sand and water traps.
詹姆斯:的確不容易,可是很好玩!你必須把球打到果嶺上,也必須避開沙坑和水池。
Tina: Can you get the ball into the hole with one stroke?
蒂娜:有可能一桿就把球打進洞里嗎?
James: Yes. That's called a hole in one. But it's hard to do that. You have to aim carefully.
詹姆斯:有可能,那樣叫做一桿進洞。可是很難做到,你必須仔細瞄準。
Tina: Well, I'm going to try!
蒂娜:沒關系,我要試試看!
James: Good. Now let's play!
詹姆斯:很好,開球吧!