'That was because you were knocked out, Professor!'
“這是因為你被打暈了,教授!”
said Hermione earnestly. 'You didn't arrive in time to hear' 'Miss Granger, HOLD YOUR TONGUE!'
荷米恩認真的說,“你來的不夠及時以至于沒有聽到——”“格林佐小姐,你給我閉嘴。”
'Now, Snape,' said Fudge, startled, 'the young lady is disturbed in her mind, we must make allowances'
“現在,史納皮,”法治說,“這位小姐已經被搞得混亂了,我們必須做——”
'I would like to speak to Harry and Hermione alone,' said Dumbledore abruptly.
“我想單獨同哈利還有荷米恩小姐談談,”丹伯多突然說,
'Cornelius, Severus, Poppy – please leave us.''Headmaster!' spluttered Madam Pomfrey.
“可尼斯,史納皮,波比,請離開。”“校長,”波姆弗雷夫人抱怨道,
'They need treatment, they need rest''This cannot wait,' said Dumbledore. 'I must insist.'
“他們需要治療,他們得休息”“這件事不能等了,”丹伯多說。“我必須堅持。”
Madam Pomfrey pursed her lips and strode away into her office at the end of the ward, slamming the door behind her.
波姆弗雷夫人嘆著嘴,離開了病房,走向她的辦公室。當她離開病房時,重重地把門關上了。
Fudge consulted the large gold pocket watch dangling from his waistcoat.
法治看了看他手上配戴的金表。
'The Dementors should have arrived by now,' he said. 'I'll go and meet them. Dumbledore, I'll see you upstairs.'
“劊子手現在應該到了,”他說,“我先去見他們,丹伯多,我在樓上等你。”
He crossed to the door and held it open for Snape, but Snape hadn't moved.
他走向門口,并為史納皮開著門,但史納皮并沒有動。
'You surely don't believe a word of Black's story.' Snape whispered, his eyes fixed on Dumbledore's face.
“你實在是不應該相信巴拉克的故事。”他低聲說,他的眼睛直盯向丹伯多。
'I wish to speak to Harry and Hermione alone,' Dumbledore repeated. Snape took a step towards Dumbledore.
“我想單獨與哈利和荷米恩談談。”丹伯多重復說。史納皮向丹伯多跨進了一步。
'Sirius Black showed he was capable of murder at the age of sixteen,' he breathed.
“西里斯·巴拉克在他十六歲時就向我顯示出他可以謀殺別人,”他喘著氣說,
'You haven't forgotten that, Headmaster? You haven't forgotten that he once tried to kill me?'
“你并沒有忘記吧,校長?你不會忘記他曾經企圖殺死我吧?”