It is morning. I wake up and go outside.
早上了,我醒過來,走出屋外。
It is a beautiful and sunny day. I feel hot in the sun.
今天是個美麗的晴天,我在陽光下覺得很熱。
Then my phone rings. It is my friend, Mrs. Brown.
接著,我的手機響了起來,是我的朋友布朗太太打來的。
She is a teacher. She needs help.
她是個老師,她需要幫忙。
"Today is test day, Mr. E," she says. "But the hospital called me. My mother is sick.
“E先生,今天是考試的日子,”她說,“可是醫院打了電話給我,我媽媽病倒了。
Now, I have to cancel my class. My students can't take the test."
我現在必須取消我的課,所以我的學生就沒辦法考試了。”
Later, Mrs. Brown calls again.
稍后,布朗太太又打了電話過來。
"My mother is fine," she says. "She is not ill. She is not in the hospital.
“我媽媽沒事,”她說,“她沒有病倒,也不在醫院里。
The phone call was fake. Someone tricked me!"
那是一通騙人的電話,有人耍了我!”
Mrs. Brown is at school, now.
現在,布朗太太已經在學校了。
A student is responsible for the fake call. She is sure about that.
那通騙人的電話是一個學生打的,這點她很確定。
But which student? She needs help.
但是,到底是哪個學生?她需要幫忙。
I go to the school. There are three students with Mrs. Brown.
我來到學校,有三個學生,和布朗太太在一起。
The students say they didn't call Mrs. Brown.
那些學生說他們沒有打電話給布朗太太。
Billy says, "I didn't call. I sleep until school time."
比利說:“我沒有打電話,我一直睡到上學時間才起床。”
Betty says, "My mother has my phone. I can't call before school."
貝蒂說:“我的手機在我媽媽那里,我在上學以前沒辦法打電話。”
Sandy says, "I help my grandfather in the morning. I was sweeping some wet grass."
珊蒂說:“我早上在幫我爺爺,我幫忙掃了一些濕濕的草。”
"Sandy, you're lying," I say. "You are in big trouble."
“珊蒂,你在說謊,”我說到。“你麻煩大了。”