Sandy is my best friend. Every day, she joins me at school.
珊蒂是我最好的朋友。她每天在學校都會來找我。
We talk and tell each other everything.
我們會一起聊天,把一切都告訴對方。
But today, Sandy wasn't in school. I didn't know where she was.
不過,今天珊蒂不在學校里。我不知道她在哪里。
I started to feel worried. I hoped she wasn't sick.
我開始覺得擔心,希望她不是生病了。
At break time, I sent her a message. But Sandy didn't answer.
我在下課時間傳了一道信息給她,但她沒有回復。
After school, I call her. "Are you sick?" I ask.
放學后,我打電話給她。“你生病了嗎?”我問。
"No," she says.
“沒有,”她說。
"Why didn't you come to school today?" I ask.
“那你今天為什么沒有來學校?”我問。
"I went to the hospital to see my dad. He has a problem with his heart."
“我到醫院去看我爸爸,他的心臟有問題。”
I feel bad for her. I don't say anything for a moment.
我為她感到難過。我沉默了一會兒。
"I am so sorry. Is he OK?" I ask.
“真是遣憾,他還好嗎?”我問。
Sandy said she doesn't know.
珊蒂說她不知道。
The doctors detected a problem during his checkup last week.
醫生在他上過接受健康檢查的時候檢測出一個問題。
He went into the hospital today.
所以他今天住進了醫院。
"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.
“你怎么沒有告訴我?”我問。
But Sandy just says she has to go.
可是珊蒂只說她必須掛電話了。
I know that Sandy must be scared. I want to comfort her.
我知道珊蒂一定很害怕。我想安慰她。
But what can I do? What would you do?
可是我能做什么?你會怎么做?