So, I'm gonna talk to you about some things I've learned in my journey
所以,我想和你們談談我在我的人生之旅中學到的一些東西,
most from experience, some I heard in passing, many I'm still practicing, but all of them, I do believe are true.
多數都是親身經歷,一些是我聽說的,許多我現在還在踐行中,但我相信所有這些都是正確的。
Now they may be truths to me, but don't think that makes them mine, because you cannot own a truth.
不過,雖然它們對我來說可能是真理,但不要以為它們就是屬于我的,因為你是不可能占有一條真理的。
So please think of these as signposts, approaches, paradigms, that give some science to satisfaction.
所以請把它們視作給幸福提供一些技巧的路標、途徑和范例。
They are yours to steal. They are yours to share, liken to your own lives,
這些東西屬于你,你可以偷偷地拿走,可以與人分享,可以比作你們自己的生活,
to personally apply in your own lives, in your own way, should you choose to. So, here we go:
可以親自將其應用于你自己的人生,用你自己的方式,如果你們選擇那么做。好,我們開始:
No.1: This should come up to the Jumbotron. Life's not easy. It's up there.
第一點:這應當出現在大屏幕上,生活不容易。就在大屏幕上。
Life is not easy. It is not. Don't try to make it that way.
生活不容易,不會。所以別試圖讓它變得一帆風順。
Life's not fair, it never was; it isn't now; it won't ever be.
生活是不公平的,之前如此,現在也是,將來也不會公平。
Do not fall into the trap, the entitlement trap, of feeling like you're a victim: you are not.
別掉進陷阱,那些權利陷阱里,感覺自己像個受害者。你們不是。
Get over and get on with it.
要克服這種感覺,行動起來。
And yes, most things are more rewarding when you break a sweat to get 'em. Fact.
是的,只要你們付出努力,多數情況下都會得到回報。事實如此。