No. 4: Define success for yourself.
第四點:定義自己的成功。
You all really like that one? Define success for yourself.
你們都喜歡這一點嗎?你們要自己定義成功。
Now check this out: I'm in the south of New Orleans a few years ago.
現在,來看看這個。幾年前我在新奧爾良南部待過。
I went to a voodoo shop, and they had this wooden partition against the wall, these columns.
我去過一家伏都巫術商店,他們靠墻有一個木制隔斷,上面有一些豎欄。
And in these columns were all these vials of these magic potions, right.
在那些豎欄里全是裝有魔法藥劑的小瓶子。
And headings above each potion defining what they would give you were things
每瓶藥劑上面都標明了它們會帶給你的東西,
like fertility, health, family, legal help, energy, forgiveness, money.
諸如生育、健康、家庭、法律幫助、能量、寬恕、金錢等。
Guess which column was empty? Money.
猜猜哪個豎欄是空的?金錢。
Let's admit it. Money is king today. It's what makes the world go round. It is success.
我們承認,現在是金錢至上。它讓世界運轉。它就是成功。
The more we have, the more successful we are, right?
我們的錢越多,我們就越成功,對嗎?
Now I'd argue that our cultural values have even been financialized -- humility is not in vogue anymore, it's too passive.
我認為我們的文化價值觀甚至都被金錢化了--謙遜已經不再流行,它太被動了。
It's a get-rich-quick on the Internet, riches' 15-minutes-of-fame world that we live in. And we see it every day.
我們生活的在一個可以在互聯網上快速致富,富人的名聲又轉瞬即逝的世界。我們每天都看到這樣的事情發生。
But, we all want to succeed, right?
可是我們所有人都想獲得成功,對吧?
So the question we have to ask ourselves is what success is to us?
所以我們必須問自己的問題就是對我們來說,成功是什么。
What success is to you? Is it more money? That's fine. I got nothing against money.
成功對你們來說意味著什么?是掙更多的錢嗎?這很好,我并不反對金錢。
Maybe it's a healthy family; maybe it's a happy marriage;
也許是擁有一個健康的家庭;也許是快樂的婚姻;
maybe it's to help other, to be famous, to be spiritually sound, to leave the world a little bit better place than you found it.
也許是幫助別人,名揚天下,心靈健全,讓這個世界比你發現它時變好一點點。