Continue to ask yourself that question. Now your answer may change over time.
不斷地問自己這個問題,答案可能隨著時間而改變。
That's fine, but do yourself this favor: Whatever your answer is, don't choose anything that will jeopardize your soul.
沒有關系,但是一定要幫你自己這個忙:不論你們的答案是什么,不要做任何出賣靈魂的事情。
Prioritize who you are; who you want to be.
首先要考慮一下你是誰;你想成為什么人。
And don't spend time with anything that antagonizes your character.
不要花費時間在任何有違本性的事情上。
Don't drink the Kool-Aid, man! It tastes sweet, but it will give you cavities tomorrow.
伙計,不要喝“酷愛牌”飲料!那喝起來很甜,但明天會讓你長齲齒。
Life is not a popularity contest. Be brave; take the hill, but first, answer the question "What's my hill?"
人生并非一場聲望競賽。所以要勇敢,要攻占山頭,但首先得回答這個問題:“我要的是哪座山?”
So me, how do I define success?
那么我呢,我是如何定義成功的呢?
For me, myself. For me, it's a measurement of five things.
我自己,對我而言,成功就是對五件事的考量。
We got fatherhood; we got being a good husband; we got my health: mind, body, spirit; we got career; and we got friendships.
做個好父親;做個好丈夫;心靈、肉體和精神的健康;事業成功;擁有友誼。
These were important to me in my life right now.
這些就是我目前生活中重要的東西。
So, I try to measure these five things each day. I check in with them.
因此我每天都試圖考量這五件事。我檢查它們。

I like to see whether or not I'm in the debit section or the credit section with each one.
我喜歡看自己在每一項上是處于借方還是貸方的位置。
Am I in the red or am I in the black, you follow?
我是虧欠呢,還是有結余,明白我的意思吧?
For instance, sometimes, say, my career is rolling. It's way appearing in the black.
例如,有時我的事業進展順利。這一項看上去是盈余。
But I see my relationship with my wife maybe could use a little bit more of my attention.
但我發現我可能需要多關注一下同妻子的關系。
I gotta pick up the slack on being a better husband; get that one out of the red.
我得緊張起來,做個更好的丈夫;把這一項的欠賬補上。
Or say my spiritual health could use some maintenance
抑或我的精神健康需要維護,
it's down here, but hey man, my friendships and my social life are in high gear. Right?
最近情緒低落,不過我和朋友們的關系以及我的社交生活卻高速運轉,對吧?
I gotta recalibrate; checks and balances;
我得重新調整,得協調平衡。
I gotta go to church; remember to say "thank you" more often. Something. But I gotta take the tally.
我得上教堂;要記得多說“謝謝”。諸如此類。但我得記賬。
Because I want to keep all five in healthy shape, and I know that if I don't take care of them,
因為我想要這五件事情全都保持良好狀態,而且我知道如果我對它們不上心,
if I don't keep up maintenance on them, one of them is gonna get weak, man.
不及時維護它們的話,它們中的某一項就會變得糟糕。
It's gonna dip too deep into the debit section. It's gonna go bankrupt. It's gonna get sick, die even.
深陷入虧欠的部分里。這會導致破產,會生病,甚至喪命。
So first, we have to define success for ourselves and then we have to put in the work to maintain it:
因此首先我們得為自己定義成功,然后我們得付出努力維護它:
Take that daily tally, tend our garden, keep the things that are important to us in good shape.
每天記賬,修整花園,讓那些對我們而言重要的東西保持良好的狀態。
Let's admit it. We've all got two wolves in us: a good one and a bad one, and they both wanna eat.
不容否認,我們心里都有兩頭狼:一頭好的,一頭惡的。它們都想吃東西。
Best I can tell, we just gotta feed that good one a little more than the other one. Here we go.
我能說的就是,我們得給好狼比惡狼多喂點兒吃的。就是這樣。