With difficulty I obeyed him.
我困難地照他的話辦了。
Presently I stood within that clean, bright kitchen -- on the very hearth -- trembling, sickening;
不久我就站在干凈明亮的廚房里了--就在爐子跟前--渾身發抖,病得厲害,
conscious of an aspect in the last degree ghastly, wild, and weather-beaten.
知道自己風吹雨打、精神狂亂,樣子極其可怕。
The two ladies, their brother, Mr. St. John, the old servant, were all gazing at me.
兩位小姐,她們的哥哥圣·約翰先生和老仆人都呆呆地看著我。
"St. John, who is it?" I heard one ask.
“圣·約翰,這是誰呀?”我聽見一個問。
"I cannot tell: I found her at the door," was the reply.
“我說不上來,發現她在門邊,”那人回答。
"She does look white," said Hannah.
“她臉色真蒼白,”漢娜說。
"As white as clay or death," was responded. "She will fall: let her sit."
“色如死灰,”對方回答,“她會倒下的,讓她坐著吧。”
And indeed my head swam: I dropped, but a chair received me.
說真的我的腦袋昏昏沉沉的。我倒了下去,但一把椅子接住了我。
I still possessed my senses, though just now I could not speak.
盡管這會兒我說不了話,但神志是清醒的。
"Perhaps a little water would restore her. Hannah, fetch some.
“也許喝點水會使她恢復過來。漢娜,去打點水來吧。
But she is worn to nothing. How very thin, and how very bloodless!"
不過她憔悴得不成樣子了。那么瘦,一點血色也沒有!”
"A mere spectre!" "Is she ill, or only famished?"
“簡直成了個影子。” “她病了,還光是餓壞了?”
"Famished, I think. Hannah, is that milk? Give it me, and a piece of bread."
“我想是餓壞了。漢娜,那可是牛奶,給我吧,再給一片面包。”