So it compresses your music down into MP3, files off your CDs, puts it on your disk.
音樂文件被從光盤轉換成mp3格式放在你的硬盤上。
And then it allows you to create playlists of your favorite songs.
然后你就可以用最喜歡的歌創建一個播放列表。
I want a song from this album, a song from this album, a song from this album, three from that album.
我想要這張專輯中的這首歌,這張專輯中的這一首,這張專輯中的這一首,還有那張專輯中的這三首。
Put them together in a playlist, rearrange the order and listen to them in any order I want.
把它們一起放在同一個播放列表里,并重新排序,你就可以按自己喜歡的順序聽歌。
The music compiled the way I want, not the way some record company wants.
音樂要按照我想要的格式壓縮,而不是唱片公司想要的那樣。
And I can listen to my playlists on my computer.
我就可以在電腦上聽歌了。
A lot of us spend hours a day on the computer.
我們很多人一天會在電腦前坐上好幾個小時。
You want this to run in the background and let you listen to music while you're working.
我們希望音樂可以在后臺播放,這樣工作的時候也可以聽。
And now the big one, you wanna be able to take those playlists and burn them on a custom audio CD.
那么問題來了,你想把這些播放列表轉移到一個定制的光盤上。
"Burn" means, for those of us over 30, write.
轉移對我們這些三十歲以上的人來說也叫做寫入。
You want to write a CD, and play it on your CD player, your portable CD player, your CD player in your car. Anywhere!
你會希望自己可以編寫一張光盤,然后在你的CD播放器、便攜式CD播放器、車載CD播放器上播放?;蛘呤窃谀阆胍娜魏尾シ牌鞑シ?!
And people are doing this like crazy. They're doing it like crazy.
人們瘋狂地這樣做。大家都非常愿意這樣做。
They're making all these compilations drive-to-work music, workout music, this music, that music, hot date music.
大家把適合開車上班時聽的音樂,適合戶外勞作時聽的音樂,這樣的音樂,那樣的音樂,適合約會時播放的音樂做成壓縮文件。
Now, how much are they doing it? How many blank CDs were sold in this country alone in the calendar year 2000?
大家做了多少呢?在2000年,僅僅在美國,空白光盤賣了多少呢?