So what are we gonna focus on next?
那么我們下一步我們關注的重點是什么?
Audio. Audio. CD players.
聲音。音頻。光盤播放器。
There is a music revolution happening right now.
一場音樂革命正在發生。
Now music revolution is digital music on computers.
發生變革的就是在電腦上使用的數字音樂。
So for those of you that are not participating in this, let me describe it to you.
如果有沒有使用過的人,我來向大家講解一下。
What do you want to do?
你們想怎樣處理音樂呢?
Well, you wanna rip your audio CDs on your computer disc. And what's "rip" mean?
大家想把光盤上的音頻拷下來。“拷”是什么意思呢?
For those of us over 30, it means read and encode.
對于三十歲以上的人來說,它代表閱讀和編碼。
It means you stick your CD, your audio CD on your drive.
意思就是把光盤放進光驅內。
Your computer reads it, and then it encodes it or compresses it,
你的電腦會閱讀它,然后對它進行編譯或者壓縮,
down to about a 10th of its original size and puts it on your hard disk.
把它的大小壓縮到原來的十分之一,再把文件放到你的硬盤上。
And when it compresses it, the format of choice to use is called MP3.
在壓縮的過程中,你采用的文件格式叫做MP3。
It's a very dense format, is very high quality, and it's open.
這是一種編碼十分緊湊的格式,質量很高而且是開放的。