It's hard to know exactly what's happening,
我們很難精確地了解現在大腦的狀況
but what we do know is that the cells which connect nerve cells together and speed up the flow of information, dendrites,
不過我們初步知道連接神經并加速信息流動的細胞,樹突,
may lose some of their connections in the lack of stimulation.
在缺乏刺激的情況下可能會損失部分連接通路。
We certainly know the converse is true,
科學界已經證明了其反命題的真實性,
that if you stimulate the brain, you increase the rate of dendritic growth and the number of connections.
如果我們刺激大腦,可以加快樹突生長并產生新連接的速度
Just in the last sort of while I've been feeling agitated.
從剛才一小會兒開始我感覺很焦躁。
I don't really want to be here. I'd rather be doing other things.
我不想呆在這里。我情愿做其它事情。
Things are starting to get on my nerves, just the whole thing.
這整件事快開始把我逼瘋了。
And I'm not feeling that great.
我感覺一點都不舒服。
Kind of being observed like some kind of helpless lab rat.
我像只無助的實驗室老鼠一樣被人觀察。
I think it's been more challenging than he suspected.
我覺得他沒有預計到實驗會這么艱難。
As it's become increasingly sort of boring and increasingly sort of arduous, it's harder to cope
整個情況變得越來越無聊和難以忍受,越來越難應對,
and he's finding there's no other means that he can access to sort of help him cope.
他已經意識到沒有外界因素能幫助他克服目前的處境。
Well, it's like I'm in a little submarine
我現在就像置身于一個潛水艇中,
and I'm getting closer and closer to the bottom of the ocean and so, like, the pressure...
我正在不斷地向海底靠近,所以,壓力...
That's the only analogy I can make.
這是我現在唯一能想到的比方。