Did Felix make it? OK, we're gonna leave him suspended in free fall for a minute and come back to him.
費利克斯成功了嗎?好吧,我們先不管他,讓他再做一會兒自由落體運動,然后再回過頭來講他。
In the meantime, I'm very excited to be here -- on solid ground -- with all of you.
此時此刻,能夠站在這兒--穩穩地站在地上--和你們所有人一起,我很激動。
And I wanna thank President Nikias for that very kind introduction and congratulate my fellow honorary degree recipients.
我要感謝尼基亞斯校長的熱情介紹,祝賀和我一起獲得榮譽學位的各位。
I also wanna welcome the distinguished faculty and enthusiastic alumni of USC
我還要歡迎優秀的教職員工們和熱情的南加州大學的校友們,
as well as all of the proud relatives and supportive friends.
以及所有充滿自豪的親屬還有提供支持的朋友們。
Now today we're all one big Trojan family.
今天我們都是特洛伊大家庭的一員。
Some of you were born into it. Some of you chose it. I married into it.
你們中的一些人生來就在這個大家庭,一些人后來選擇了它,而我則是因為婚姻才進入這個家庭。
I remember the first time my husband, George Lucas, brought me to campus. I like him, too.
我還記得我先生喬治·盧卡斯第一次帶我到這所大學時的情景。我也很喜歡他。
First stop was the film school, obviously.
顯然,我們的第一站是電影學院。
Then we attended a football game -- okay, not A game, THE game, against Westwood High.
然后我們看了一場橄欖球比賽--哦,不是“一場”比賽,而是“那場”比賽,對陣維斯特伍德高中的那一場。
Now, I went to school back east, and the one thing I can tell you Ivy League football is mostly cold and boring.
要知道,我是在東部上的學,可以跟你們說的是,常春藤盟校的橄欖球賽多數時候都很冷清,也很無聊。
Cold like it is right now. But THE game was amazing. I cheered the entire time.
冷清得就跟現在的天氣一樣。但是那場比賽真是棒極了。整場比賽我都在歡呼。
I could not believe you had a real horse as a mascot. I was amazed.
我真不敢相信,你們竟然用一匹真馬作為球隊的吉祥物。我當時很驚訝。
And then I learned that that's not the original Traveler,
后來我得知那不是最初的那匹“旅行者”,
and I thought to myself, "What a nice tradition, but doesn't it make more sense to replicate Pete Carroll?"
我心想,“多好的傳統啊,但復制出一個皮特·卡羅爾不是更有意義嗎?”