Conversation A
對話A
Alex: James! My dad used to have a hammer like this!
阿萊克斯:詹姆斯!我爸爸以前有一把像這樣的錘子!
James: I got it at the hardware store.
詹姆斯:這是我在五金店買的。
Alex: Why were you at the hardware store?
阿萊克斯:你為什么去五金店?
James: I'm painting my kitchen white.
詹姆斯:我要把我的廚房刷白。
Alex: So you needed paint and some brushes.
阿萊克斯:所以你需要油漆和幾把刷子。
James: Right. And painters tape.
詹姆斯:沒錯,還有遮蔽膠帶。
Alex: To put along the edges of the walls?
阿萊克斯:是要貼在墻壁邊緣的嗎?
James: Yes. I don't want paint on the floor or ceiling!
詹姆斯:是啊,我不想刷到地板或天花板!
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Did you talk to Hank at the store?
阿萊克斯:你在五金店里有和漢克談話嗎?
James: Yes. He gave me advice! He told me which kind of tape to buy.
詹姆斯:有,他給了我一些建議!他告訴我該買哪種膠帶。
Alex: That's good.
阿萊克斯:很好啊。
James: He said to cover the floor and counters with newspaper, too.
詹姆斯:他還說要用報紙蓋住地板和流理臺。
Alex: You don't want white paint on those!
阿萊克斯:你可不想把白漆滴在那些地方!
James: And I'll need a hammer to close the paint can!
詹姆斯:而且我還需要一把錘子把油漆罐的蓋子敲緊!
Alex: Well, a good hammer is always useful.
阿萊克斯:嗯,一把好的錘子總是很有用。