I knew who I was in my personal life, and I kept my eye on my North Star,
我知道我個人生活的目標是什么,我讓我的眼睛一直望著我的北極星,
my responsibility to do good for someone else, other than myself.
履行為別人做些好事的責任,而非為我自己。
But at work, well I always figured that work was work.
但在工作中,我一直認為工作就是工作。
Values had their place and, yes, there were things that I wanted to change about the world,
價值有它們自己的位置,我想做一些改變世界的事情,
but I thought I had to do that on my own time. Not in the office.
但我認為應該在自己的空閑時間內做。而不是在辦公室里。
Steve didn't see it that way. He was an idealist.
而史蒂夫不這么看。他是一個理想主義者。
And in that way he reminded me of how I felt as a teenager.
他提醒我十幾歲時我的感受。
In that first meeting he convinced me if we worked hard and made great products, we too could help change the world.
在第一次會議上,他讓我相信如果我們努力工作,做出了偉大的產品,我們也可以改變世界。
And to my surprise, I was hooked. I took the job and changed my life.
令我驚訝的是,我完全被迷住了。我接受了這份工作,改變了我的生活。
It's been 17 years and I have never once looked back.
17年來我從未退縮。
At Apple we believe the work should be more than just about improving your own self.
在蘋果,我們認為工作應該不僅僅是關于提升你自己。
It's about improving the lives of others as well. Our products do amazing things.
它關乎著改善別人的生活。我們的產品做出令人驚奇的事情。
And just as Steve envisioned, they empower people all over the world.
正如史蒂夫的設想,它們造福了世界各地的人們。
People who are blind, and need information read to them because they can't see the screen.
盲人需要有人把信息讀給他們,因為他們看不到屏幕。
People for whom technology is a lifeline because they are isolated by distance or disability.
由于距離或殘疾而被孤立的人們以技術為生命線。
People who witness injustice and want to expose it,
目睹不公正想揭露它的人們
and now they can because they have a camera in their pocket all the time.
現在可以做到了,因為他們的口袋里現在一直都裝著一部相機。