As I said, I am a proud son of the South. It's my home, and I will always love it.
正如我所說的,我是一個驕傲的南方孩子。那里是我的家,我將永遠愛它。
But for the last 17 years I've built a life in Silicon Valley; it's a special place.
但17年來,我已經在硅谷建立了生活,這是一個特別的地方。
The kind of place where there's no problem that can't be solved.
一個沒有不能解決的問題的地方。
No matter how difficult or complex, that's part of its essential quality. A very sincere sort of optimism.
無論問題有多么困難或復雜,這是這個地方的基本特性之一。一種很真誠的樂觀。
Back in the 90s, Apple ran an advertising campaign we called "Think Different."
早在90年代,蘋果進行了一場廣告宣傳活動,我們稱之為“不同凡想”。
It was pretty simple. Every ad was a photograph of one of our heroes.
活動非常簡單。每個偉人的一張照片就是一個廣告。
People who had the audacity to challenge and change the way we all live.
勇于大膽挑戰的人改變了我們生活的方式。
People like Gandhi and Jackie Robinson, Martha Graham and Albert Einstein, Amelia Earhart and Miles Davis.
一些像甘地和杰基·羅賓森,瑪莎·格雷厄姆和阿爾伯特·愛因斯坦,愛蜜莉亞·埃爾哈特和邁爾斯·戴維斯這樣的人。
These people still inspire us. They remind us to live by our deepest values and reach for our highest aspirations.
這些人至今仍激勵著我們。他們提醒我們以自己最深信的價值觀為生,實現我們最高的目標。
They make us believe that anything is possible.
他們讓我們相信,一切皆有可能。
A friend of mine at Apple likes to say the best way to solve a problem
我一個在蘋果公司的朋友總喜歡說,解決問題的最好方法
is to walk into a room full of Apple engineers and proclaim, "this is impossible."
就是走進滿是蘋果工程師的屋子里宣告:“這是不可能的。”
I can tell you, they will not accept that. And neither should you.
我可以告訴你,他們不會接受,你也不應該。
So that's the one thing I'd like to bring to you all the way from Cupertino, California.
這就是我從大老遠的庫比蒂諾,加利福尼亞跑來想與你們分享的一件事。
The idea that great progress is possible, whatever line of work you choose.
這個信念:無論你從事哪個行業,給它帶去偉大的進步是可能的事情。
There will always be cynics and critics on the sidelines tearing people down,
總會受到局外憤世嫉俗者和批評家想要擊潰我們,
and just as harmful are those people with good intentions who make no contribution at all.
他們對社會的毒害與那些有善意的但并無任何貢獻的人一樣。
In his letter from the Birmingham jail, Dr. King wrote that our society needed to repent,
從伯明翰監獄寄出的信中,金博士寫道,我們的社會需要悔改,
not merely for the hateful words of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.
不只是那些可惡的壞人,還有那些可怕的沉默的好人。
The sidelines are not where you want to live your life.
置身事外不是你想要的生活。
The world needs you in the arena. There are problems that need to be solved.
世界需要你在這個舞臺上,那里有需要解決的問題。
Injustices that need to be ended. People that are still being persecuted, diseases still in need of cure.
不公需要結束。人們仍在遭受迫害,疾病仍需要治愈。
No matter what you do next, the world needs your energy, your passion, your impatience with progress.
不管你做什么,這個世界需要你的能量,你的激情,你對進步的渴望。
Don't shrink from risk. And tune out those critics and cynics.
不要回避風險。無視那些憤世嫉俗者和吹毛求疵的人。
History rarely yields to one person, but think, and never forget, what happens when it does.
歷史很少屈服于個人,但試想當它實現的時候會是什么樣子,不要忘記這種感受。
That can be you. That should be you. That must be you.
歷史屈服的對象可以是你。應該是你。必須是你。
Congratulations Class of 2015. I'd like to take one photo of you, because this is the best view in the world.
祝賀2015屆。我想拍一張你們的照片,因為這是世界上最好的風景。
And it's a great one. Thank you very much.
它很偉大。非常感謝。