He walked faster, right?
他走得快一點了,是吧?
I call this the staircase illusion,
我把它稱為階梯假象,
and actually when the staircase illusion abruptly ended, he froze, and this is called freezing of gait.
實際上,當階梯假象突然結束了,他就會停住了,這叫做步態凍結。
So it happens a lot, so why not have a staircase illusion flowing through all their rooms,
這經常發生,那為什么不讓屋子充滿階梯假象,
making them feel much more confident? You know, technology is not always it.
讓他們感到更加自信?科技并不是一切。
What we need are human-centered solutions.
我們需要以人為本的解決方案。
I could have easily made it into a projection, or a Google Glass, or something like that.
我本可以在谷歌眼鏡或者別的什么上做一個階梯的投影。
But I stuck to simple print on the floor.
但是我對地板上的印花思考了很久。
This print could be taken into hospitals to make them feel much more welcome.
醫院可以采用這個印花讓醫院更受病人的歡迎。
What I wish to do is make every Parkinson's patient feel like my uncle felt that day.
我想做到讓所有的帕金森綜合征的病人都感受到我叔叔那天的感覺。
He told me that I made him feel like his old self again.
他跟我說我讓他感覺做回了自己。
"Smart" in today's world has become synonymous to high tech, and the world is only getting smarter and smarter day by day.
“智能”現在和高科技已經變成了同義詞,世界每一天都變得更加智能。但
But why can't smart be something that's simple and yet effective?
是為什么智能的東西不能是簡單而且有效的呢?
All we need is a little bit of empathy and some curiosity, to go out there, observe.
我們需要的只是同理心和好奇心,到現場觀察。
But let's not stop at that. Let's find these complex problems. Don't be scared of them.
但我們不要固步不前。讓我們解決一些復雜的問題,而不是被它嚇到。
Break them, boil them down into much smaller problems, and then find simple solutions for them.
各個擊破,把大問題打碎成一個個小問題,再找到小問題的答案。
Test these solutions, fail if needed, but with newer insights to make it better.
嘗試找到答案,如果失敗了,就用新的視角嘗試更好的辦法。
Imagine what we all could do if we all came up with simple solutions.
想象如果我們可以想到簡單的解決方案,我們能做得多好。
What would the world be like if we combined all our simple solutions?
如果我們把簡單的方案連在一起,這個世界將會如何?
Let's make a smarter world, but with simplicity. Thank you.
讓我們使用簡單的方式,讓世界更智能。謝謝。