And he's not the only one in the world.
他并不孤單。
Every year, 60,000 people are newly diagnosed with Parkinson's, and this number is only rising.
每年60000人被新診斷為帕金森綜合征,而且以后會更多。
As designers, we dream that our designs solve these multifaceted problems,
作為設計者,我們希望我們的設計可以解決多方面的問題,
one solution that solves it all, but it need not always be like that.
一個方法就能一勞永逸,但往往事與愿違。
You can also target simple problems and create small solutions for them and eventually make a big impact.
你也可以通過解決一系列小問題,最終產生重大的影響。
So my aim here was to not cure Parkinson's, but to make their everyday tasks much more simple, and then make an impact.
所以我的重點不是治愈帕金森綜合征,而是讓病人每天更輕松,最后產生影響。
Well, the first thing I targeted was tremors, right?
那么第一個要解決的問題就是顫抖,對吧?
My uncle told me that he had stopped drinking coffee or tea in public just out of embarrassment,
叔叔告訴我他為了防止引起尷尬,已經不在公共場合喝咖啡或者茶了,
so, well, I designed the no-spill cup. It works just purely on its form.
所以我設計了防灑杯,通過設計一個樣式達到目的。
The curve on top deflects the liquid back inside every time they have tremors,
每次使用者顫抖時,頂部的曲線可以讓液體流回杯子,
and this keeps the liquid inside compared to a normal cup.
從而達到不會灑的目的。
But the key here is that it is not tagged as a Parkinson's patient product.
更關鍵的是它不會被貼上帕金森綜合征患者產品的標簽。
It looks like a cup that could be used by you, me, any clumsy person,
它就像一個你,我,每個笨手笨腳的人都會使用的杯子,
and that makes it much more comforting for them to use, to blend in.
這會讓病人更好的融入社會。
So, well, one problem solved, many more to go.
所以第一個問題解決了,后面還有很多。