Another question for you. How many people here have, those of you who did set new year resolutions?
再問你們個問題,在座有多少人,確實制訂過新年計劃的
Put your hand up if you fulfilled every single one of the new year's resolutions that you ever set for yourself.
如果你們完成了每一個為自己制訂的新年計劃的,請舉手
Put your hand up. Every single new year's resolution, if you did set new year resolutions.
舉起手來。每一個新年計劃,如果你確實制訂過的話
A bit higher, please. Well, I certainly didn't. But here's another question for you.
請舉高點,好吧,我顯然沒有,我還想問個問題
How many people here... this is an important question, so please, please put your hand up if the answer is affirmative.
在座有多少人……這個問題很重要,所以如果你的答案是肯定的,一定要舉手
How many people here brush their teeth this morning?
在座有多少人今天早上刷了牙
Put your hand up high. Phew! I'm glad to see this. You can all talk to me after, real close.
舉高你們的手,很高興看到這個結果,你們可以課后找我聊聊
So let me just imagine what happened this morning, this scenario. So you got up in the morning. You were tired.
讓我來想像一下今早上的場景吧,你早上起床,十分疲倦
And then you said to yourself, OK, today is the day. Today is the day.
然后你對自己說,好,就是今天,就是今天
I am going to do it! I am going to brush my teeth this morning!
我要去做,我今天早上要刷牙

Right? And to really motivate you as you got out of bed:
對嗎,你起床后真正給你動力的
Here I come now! I mean, here I come to brush...
我就來了,我就來刷牙了
And you brush your teeth, right? Today is the day!
你也刷牙對吧,就是今天
Because I have 1504! I'm going to brush my teeth! Yes! No, of course not.
因為今天我要上課,我要刷牙,不,當然不是這樣
You know, you rolled off the bed, you know, barely alive.
你滾下床,幾乎睜不開眼
You probably don't remember you brushed your teeth, because you were asleep still.
你可能都不記得你刷了牙,因為你還是像夢游一樣
You know why? Why did everyone, I think, I hope everyone brush their teeth this morning, whereas
為什么,為什么所有人,我覺得所有人今天早上都刷了牙,而
no one, no one person out of more than 600 students fulfilled their new year's resolutions?
沒有人,六百個學生里沒有一個實現了他們的新年計劃
Why? Because new year resolutions rely on self-discipline.
為什么?因為新年計劃依賴于自律