"At one point, I was asked to become the administrator for the entire school," my mother told me.
“有一次,學校邀請我進入管理層,”我母親告訴我,
"I said no, preferring to stay in the classroom and work with my students. I was exactly where I wanted to be."
“但我拒絕了,我更喜歡待在教室里和學生們在一起。我正在做的就是我想做的事。”
In 2003, my mother left the workforce to take care of her ailing parents.
2003年,我母親離開職場照顧她年邁的父母。
She was sorry to leave her teaching career, but family has always been her top priority.
告別教學事業讓她覺得很遺憾,但家庭對她來說永遠是第一位的。
After my grandparents passed away, she reentered the workforce.
在我的外祖父母去世之后,她又回到了職場,
She founded Ear Peace: Save Your Hearing, a nonprofit to prevent noise-induced hearing loss in young people.
創立了“靜耳:聽力拯救”行動組織,這是一個非營利性組織,旨在預防青少年因噪音喪失聽力。
At the age of sixty-five, she has returned to her love of teaching, running workshops and speaking to students from elementary to high school.
她終于在65歲時重新回到了自己熱愛的教學事業之中,組織各種討論會,為小學及中學的學生做演講。
My mother has leaned in her entire life.
我的母親一生都在積極進取。
She raised her children, helped her parents spend their final years in dignity and comfort,
她撫育孩子,為父母養老送終。
and continues to be a dedicated and loving wife, mother, and grandmother.
她是一位感情忠貞、充滿愛心的妻子、母親和祖母。
She has always contributed to her community and the world. She is my inspiration.
她總是在為他人默默地付出,她始終是我的精神動力。
My mother wants to see society achieve true equality.
我的母親希望有一天社會能實現真正的平等。
She sees the barriers that women still face, but she also sees new opportunities.
她看到當今的女性仍然要面對很多障礙,同時也看到了很多新的機遇。
She believes that what I have achieved, and much more, is possible for many others. I agree.
她相信我做得到的,其他人也能做到,甚至能做得更多。我也這么認為。
And more important, so many women that I have encountered agree.
更重要的是,我遇到的很多女性也是這么想的。
Filled with energy, optimism, and self-confidence, they are scrambling along that jungle gym and moving toward their long-term dream.
她們充滿活力、積極樂觀、自信滿滿,在職場的方格架上努力地攀爬著,為實現她們的夢想不懈努力著。