Why? Because I already know you, we have been together for over a month.
為什么呢,因為我已經認識你們了,我們已經在一起一個多月了
It's already passed at the drop date, so, too late for you.
已經過了撤課的最后期限,你們已經來不及了
So I wasn't taking that much of the risk.
所以我也不是冒了很大的風險
It was just stretching. And it was important for me to do... I mean, really personally important for me to do it.
只是拉伸一下,而且這件事對我很重要……我是說對我個人來說很重要
Because it does stretch me and get me more in touch with my humanity.
因為它確實拉伸了我,使我更多的接觸到了我的人性
Or for example, let's say you want to start an exercise in gym. You realize how important it is. You read the research. You are exposed to that research and you see
或者比方說你要在健身房里鍛煉,你意識到這很重要,你看了這方面的研究,你得知這方面的研究,你看到
it really has an important effect.
它確實有很重要的作用
And you start exercising. Well, if you have an exercise for 5 years and you got to start running 8 miles a day. That's a problem.
于是你開始鍛煉,如果你已經鍛煉了五年,然后你打算開始每天跑八英里,問題就來了
You are over-stretching. You'll probably get injured.
你拉伸過度了,你可能會受傷
If you continue sitting in front of the TV or playing gameboy, that's also not good for change.
如果你繼續坐在電視前,或者打游戲,那對于改變也不是什么好事

That's the comfort zone perhaps not good. Stretch will be "OK, let me start with walking for two miles a day and build it up gradually.
也就是呆在舒適區也許不是好事。拉伸就是,好吧,就從每天走兩英里開始,然后逐漸增加
Stretch myself, but not too much.
拉伸自己,但不要過度
Or if you think about starting to give lectures to others, paying it forward,
或者如果你想給別人做講座,傳遞知識
in positive psychology or biology, whatever your topic is, and you get anxious in front of an audience.
積極心理學或者生物學,無論是什么話題,在觀眾面前你都會緊張
You don't start giving a lecture in Sanders Theatre.
不一定要從Sanders劇院開始
You start initially with your friends, teammates.
可以從你的朋友,隊友開始
This is how I start with my squash teammates.
我就是從我的壁球隊友開始的
I gave the first lecture to them and then I gave it to my family.
我給他們做了第一次講座,然后給家人做
Gradually out of the comfort zone. A little bit of stretch and then build it over time.
逐漸走出舒適區。每次拉伸一點點,然后逐漸增加
This is the health way of approaching change.
這是改變的健康方式
Sometimes though, sometimes though, we have to go to the panic zone.
但是有時候,有的時候我們必須要進入恐慌區