And while the impact of my actually leaving work early was negligible,
而且,盡管提前下班的影響可以忽略,
admitting that I went home at five thirty turned out to be kind of a big deal.
但我必須承認準時下班回家仍然是件很重要的事。
I first openly discussed my office hours at the launch of Facebook Women, an in-house resource group.
我最初公開談論我的辦公時間,是在“臉譜網女性”的發起儀式上,這是一項公司內部的活動。
The initial meeting, run by Lori Goler and Facebook's head of engineering, Mike Schroepfer,
第一次會議是由洛里·戈勒和臉譜網的工程主管邁克·施洛普夫主持的,
was open to any Facebook employee, including men.
它面向全體公司員工開放。
During the Q&A, I was asked the (inevitable) question about how I balanced my job and family.
在問答環節,我被(不可避免地)問到,如何平衡工作和家庭。
I talked about leaving work to have dinner with my children and then getting back online after they went to bed.
于是我告訴大家,我按時下班回家和孩子們吃晚飯,哄他們上床睡覺后,又重新回到電腦前工作。
I said that I was sharing my schedule because I wanted to encourage others to personalize their schedules too.
我說之所以會告訴大家我的時間安排,是因為我想鼓勵大家也擁有屬于自己的時間計劃表。
Even though I had planned in advance to discuss this, I felt nervous.
即使我提前為這次討論做了準備,但還是很緊張。
Years of conditioning had taught me never to suggest that I was doing anything other than giving 100 percent to my job.
多年來的工作環境教會我絕不能提這樣的建議:不要100%投入工作,你還要做點別的事。
It was scary to think that someone, even people working for me, might doubt my diligence or dedication.
一想到有人甚至包括我的下屬會懷疑我的勤奮或投入程度,我就很害怕。
Fortunately, it didn't happen.
幸運的是,沒有出現這種情況。
A few people at Facebook thanked me for mentioning it, but that was it.
臉譜網的一些人甚至因為我提到這一點而感謝我。
A few years later, producer Dyllan McGee interviewed me for her Makers video series.
幾年后,制片人迪蘭·麥吉為拍攝她的系列視頻“創造者”采訪了我。
We spoke on a wide range of subjects, including my daily work schedule.
我們海闊天空地聊了很多,包括我的日常工作安排。
The video was posted to the web and was instantly the subject of heated debate.
這段視頻被傳到網上,立刻成了討論的熱點。