Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Hi, Taylor. You look upset.
阿萊克斯:嗨,泰勒。你看起來很不開心。
Taylor: I am! I got a speeding ticket this morning!
泰勒:是啊!我今天早上得到了一張超速罰單。
Alex: Oh no! What happened?
阿萊克斯:哦,不!什么情況?
Taylor: I was driving to work. And I was driving a little too fast.
泰勒:我開車去上班。然后開的稍微快了一點。
Alex: How fast?
阿萊克斯:有多快?
Taylor: I was going 45 mph on Center Street.
泰勒:我在中心街開到了45英里/小時。
Alex: The speed limit on Center Street is 35 mph.
阿萊克斯:中心街的限速是35英里/小時。
Taylor: I know. So a police officer gave me a speeding ticket.
泰勒:是啊。所以一名警察給我開了一張超速罰單。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: How much is the ticket?
阿萊克斯:罰款多少錢?
Taylor: Which one?
泰勒:哪一張?
Alex: Which one? You got more than one?
阿萊克斯:哪一張?你不止得了一張啊?
Taylor: Yes. When the police officer stopped me, I wasn't wearing my seat belt. I also got a ticket for that.
泰勒:是啊。當警察攔下我的時候,我沒系安全帶。我為此又吃了一張罰單。
Alex: That's bad.
阿萊克斯:太遭了。
Taylor: Well, I broke the law. The two tickets will cost me $150. But something else was really embarrassing.
泰勒:嗯,我違反了規則。這兩張罰單一共花了我150美元。但是還有更讓人尷尬的。
Alex: What?
阿萊克斯:怎么了?
Taylor: Officer Carl gave me the tickets!
泰勒:給我開罰單的是卡爾警官!