Conversation A
對話A
James: What are you doing, Susie?
詹姆斯:蘇西,你在做什么?
Susie: Hi, James. I'm checking my supplies for this weekend. My church is planning a trip to the river.
蘇西:嗨,詹姆斯。我在檢查這個周末的用品。我的教堂計劃去河邊旅行。
James: Why do you need garbage bags and gloves at the river?
詹姆斯:為什么在河邊為你需要垃圾袋和手套?
Susie: We pick up garbage. Then we put it in these bags. I have gloves so I don't have to touch the garbage.
蘇西:我們要撿垃圾。然后放在這些袋子里。我有手套,所以我不會觸碰到垃圾。
James: Can I come?
詹姆斯:我能一起去嗎?
Susie: Of course!
蘇西:當然可以!
Conversation B
對話B
Linda: Hi, Alex! Will you go to the river with Susie's church this weekend?
琳達:嗨,阿萊克斯!這個周末你會和蘇西的教堂一起去河邊嗎?
Alex: No way!
阿萊克斯:不去!
Linda: Why not?
琳達:為什么不?
Alex: I don't want to pick up trash.
阿萊克斯:我可不想撿垃圾。
Linda: You like nature. Don't you want to help the environment?
琳達:你喜歡大自然。難道你不想保護環境嗎?
Alex: I do, but...
阿萊克斯:我想,但是...
Linda: We should all take care of nature and help the wildlife.
琳達:我們都應該愛護自然,保護野生動物。
Alex: You're right. OK, I'll go.
阿萊克斯:你說得對。好吧,我會去的。