Then the Witch looked at the big, shaggy Lion and asked,
于是女巫轉過臉來看著那只寵大的多毛的獅子,并且問道:
"When Dorothy has returned to her own home, what will become of you?"
“如果多蘿茜回到她自己的家里,你去哪里呢?”
"Over the hill of the Hammer-Heads," he answered, "lies a grand old forest,
“如果我能越過了大頭人山,”它回答說,“回到那個古的森林里,
and all the beasts that live there have made me their King.
住在那里的許多野獸們,把我看作是百獸之王。
If I could only get back to this forest, I would pass my life very happily there."
假如我能住在那里,我將非??鞓返囟冗^我的一生?!?/div>
"My third command to the Winged Monkeys," said Glinda, "shall be to carry you to your forest.
“我第三次召喚飛猴們來,”甘林達說,“將把你送到森林中去。
Then, having used up the powers of the Golden Cap,
這樣,這頂金冠的魔力用完了,
I shall give it to the King of the Monkeys, that he and his band may thereafter be free for evermore."
我就把它還給猴王,讓它和它的部下以后永遠過著自由的生活?!?/div>
The Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman and the Lion now thanked the Good Witch earnestly for her kindness;
稻草人、鐵皮人、獅子,因為善女巫的懇切的幫助,都熱忱地感謝著她。
and Dorothy exclaimed: "You are certainly as good as you are beautiful!
多蘿茜高興地喊道:“你是這樣善良,正像你的美麗一樣!
But you have not yet told me how to get back to Kansas."
但是,你還沒有告訴我回到堪薩斯州的路呢。”
"Your Silver Shoes will carry you over the desert," replied Glinda.
“你的一雙銀鞋子,會帶你越過沙漠,”甘林達回答說。
"If you had known their power you could have gone back to your Aunt Em the very first day you came to this country."
“假如你能懂得它們的魔力,在你來到奧芝的第一天,你就可以回到你的愛姆嬸嬸那里去的。”