You know what else I thought I knew about being a stay-at-home parent?
你們知道還有哪些全職育兒的體驗嗎?
I thought that all I had to do was take them to the park once a week,
我以為只要每周帶他們去一次公園就行了,
because if I took them to the park once a week, they'd be fine.
因為只要每周去一次,他們就會好好的。
In fact, I knew nothing at all. OK.
實際上,我一無所知。好吧。
If you take kids to park every day then that means they get dirty every day.
如果你每天都帶孩子去公園,那就意味著他們每天都會弄的很臟。
If they got dirty every day, they need baths every day, if they got baths every day
如果他們每天都很臟的話,那他們就需要天天洗澡,如果他們每天都要洗澡,
I just don't think you understand, see, having two kids under two, you end up changing over 20 dirty diapers a day, OK.
可能你們不理解,這么說,帶著兩個兩歲以內的小孩,每天差不多要換20多次尿布。
And if you give them a bath, that's just more nakedness.
如果你還要再給他們洗個澡,他們幾乎等于一直光著屁股。
And a higher probability of getting peed on, and no one likes getting peed on, even if it's from a baby.
而且很有可能被尿一臉,沒人喜歡被尿到身上,就算是小孩的尿。
But I read this article by Father Lee which cites a survey done by two detergent companies, Omo and Persil.
后來我讀了一篇李神父的文章,里面引用了一個調查問卷,來自兩個洗滌用品公司,Omo和Persil。
And they did this study and it said, that at two hours a day, prisoners get more outside time than children.
他們做了這個研究稱,囚犯每天放風呆在外面的時間比小孩都要多兩個小時。
That convicted me and so we went outside.
看了這個之后,我給自己定個罪,所以我就帶孩子到外面。