See, I knew nothing about being a stay-at-home parent, and once I embraced the fact that I knew nothing,
所以說,我對做全職育兒一無所知,而一旦我接受了一無所知這個事實,
I began to learn from my new managers.
我開始從新的領導那里學習。
And I always was told that as a stay-at-home parent, you get no sleep.
我總是被告知做一個全職奶爸,你連覺都沒得睡。
Or as a parent in general, you get no sleep.
就算一般的父母,你也不能睡個好覺。
But that's not true, because if you sleep when they do, you actually can get some sleep.
但并不是那樣,因為你可以在他們睡著時候睡覺,所以你實際上還是能睡會的。
You know what else I thought as a stay-at-home parent?
你們知道還有什么全職奶爸的體會嗎?
I though I knew that the best way to teach kids right from wrong was to discipline them,
我本以為教他們是非對錯的最佳方式是給他們定規矩,
because that would make sure they understood right from wrong, the pain, the fear -- that would teach them.
因為規矩可以讓他們理解對錯,知道疼了就會害怕--下次就老實了。
But the truth is, the best way to teach my children right from wrong is to teach them.
但真相是,教他們對錯最好的辦法是去引導他們。
Take out a whiteboard and draw pictures and make connections that they can understand.
拿出小白板畫一些圖并且做連線游戲這樣他們就明白了。
That was the best way. A lot of these images you're seeing are coming from my YouTube channel, "Beleaf in Fatherhood."
這是最好的方式。你們剛才看到很多場景來自我的YouTube頻道,“父親之信仰”。
I document the misadventures of being a stay-at-home dad.
我記錄下做一個全職奶爸的遭遇。
And it's not perfect, it's just showing that I'm trying.
一點也不完美,只是說明我在努力嘗試。
And I'm not trying to be an example but just proof that it's possible for whoever else is doing this.
我并不想要做一個模范,只是想證明其它人也可以做到。
You know what I also knew about being a stay-at-home parent?
你們知道做一個全職奶爸我還有什么體會?
I knew that children needed love, but I just didn't know what love looked like.
我知道孩子們需要愛,但我只是不太懂該怎樣愛。