Start to freak out, you know what I'm saying?
有點嚇到我了,你們懂我說的嗎?
He was trying to confide in me -- I said, "You have no idea what you're talking about."
他覺得我是他一伙的--我說,“你壓根不知道自己在說些什么。”
She wakes up every morning, tired from the night before,
她每天早上從前一晚的疲憊中醒來,
baby attached to her breast, dropping this kid off at school, and taking this one to the park.
嬰兒還掛在她胸口,送完這個去上學,再帶另一個去公園。
Laundry piles up to the skies, he has a conversation on the phone for an hour with your mom about God knows what,
要洗的衣服堆的比天高,還要跟你媽打一小時電話討論上帝該知道些什么,
takes the dog you wanted for a walk ...
帶你想養的狗去溜達……
And nobody died, bro. She kept your kids alive all day, that's hard."
沒有弄死任何東西,兄弟。她讓你的孩子活過了一整天,這很困難的,好嘛。”
I have become an advocate for stay-at-home parents.
我開始為那些全職父母發聲。
Why? Because finally, I was standing in their shoes.
為什么呢?因為最終,我站在了他們的立場。
Because when you're standing in someone else's shoes, you see the world from a different perspective.
因為當你站在別人的立場,你會從不同的角度看待世界。
And when you start to take steps, it feels like baby steps, wobbling.
而當你開始跨出這幾步,就像嬰兒蹣跚學步一樣。
But then they turn into stomps. And you start making footprints for the next generation to walk in.
但很快就像他們一樣會跺腳。你就會為下一代踩出腳印。
See, we're walking on a certain path, as parents. We're all in this together.
明白了嗎,作為父母我們都會走這條路徑。我們都會走到一起來。
No one can deny that family is one of the biggest foundations in anyone's life.
沒人會否認,家庭是我們每個人生命里最大的那塊基石。
And we're all walking on this path, and we're pulling these thickets out of the way,
我們都在這條路徑上走過,我們會撥開樹叢,
and these thorns, making it easier for the ones coming after us.
斬除荊棘,讓后來者走得更輕松一點。
It turns out, parenting has a lot more to do with landscaping. And learning. More than teaching.
看起來,育兒的經驗更像是景觀改造。更像是學習而非教導。
And the best thing to do is to show up for class.
最重要的是要出現在那里。
Be present is what I learned as a stay-at-home dad. And let your presence be a gift.
做一個全職奶爸,我理解了陪伴的力量。讓陪伴變成給孩子們的禮物。
This was me, coming home from tour one day. I thought that the father was supposed to pursue the child.
這是有一天,我從外面回來。我原來以為父親會追著孩子跑。
But it turns out the father makes himself present.
而作為一個懂得陪伴的父親。
And the children run after him. And that right there is a superpower.
孩子們會追隨著他跑。這就是我說的超能力。
And that right there, my friends, is everything. Thank you.
朋友們,它就是我們擁有的一切。感謝你們。