Alright, I want to tell you how I got my superpowers through fatherhood.
好了,我來分享一下我如何通過父親的角色獲得超能力的。
I was working a job I hated, OK?
我曾經從事一份并不喜歡的工作。
And I don't know if anyone here ever worked a job they hated.
我不知道在座各位有沒有做過自己討厭的工作。
Has anyone here ever worked a job they hated?
有人討厭自己做過的工作嗎?
OK, good, because I'm not alone and I have something to confess; I don't want you guys to judge me.
好,不錯,看來我并不孤單,我有些事需要坦白;我不要你們來評判我。
This feels like a safe space, is it a safe space? Yes.
這里感覺還算安全,這是一個安全的地方吧?是啊。
OK, I was working the job I hated, my manager and I were not getting along.
好吧,我曾經討厭我的工作,我和我的領導合不來。
I was sitting in my car, looking in the rearview mirror,
當時我坐在車里,看著后視鏡,
trying to figure out which friend I could call to call in a bomb threat, so I didn't have to go back in the building.
想著能打電話給哪個哥們幫我打一個炸彈恐嚇電話,這樣我就不用再回到辦公樓里了。
OK, this was having a lot of issues for me,
確實,我有很多問題,
I was having a lot of issues at my job and I'd come home every day from work and my wife would ask me the same question.
在工作上遇到了大麻煩,以至于每天我下班回家我老婆都會問我同樣的問題。
And when you hate your job, this is the worst question anyone could ask you.
如果你討厭自己的工作,這就是任何人都會問的最糟糕的問題。
She'd say, "Hey babe, how was your day?"
她說,“嗨,寶貝,今天過的怎么樣?”
And I'd say, "Why you bringing up old stuff?"
然后我說,“你怎么老是舊事重提?”
I just left it, I don't want to think about that place again.
我剛回家,我不愿再想工作的地方。
See, we were spending about 40 percent of my income on childcare.
我們差不多花費我收入的百分之四十用于育兒。
We had one child. And we were pregnant with our second child.
我們有一個孩子。并懷著第二個孩子。
And we were trying to figure out how we were going to fix this whole thing of this money situation,
所以我們必須要想一想如何解決將要面對的經濟上的所有問題,
and she said, "Hey, babe, I've got a great idea." I said, "What's up?"
我老婆說,“嗨,寶貝,我有一個好主意。”我說,“什么主意?”
She said, "I think you'd be a great stay-at-home dad."
她說,“我覺得你可以做一個很棒的全職奶爸。”
I was like, "Why would you say something like that?"
我說,“你怎么會這么說呢?”
She said, "Because babies like you." I was like, "No, they don't."
她說,“因為小孩子喜歡你。”我說,“不,他們不喜歡。”
She was like, "No, they do like you.
她說,“不,他們喜歡。
And I think it would be great for our children to see what love looks like, coming from a father." I was like, OK.
我覺得這是個好主意,讓我們的孩子感受到來自爸爸的關愛。”我說,好吧。