"I also came by because I was wondering...." she began to say.
“我也來了,因為我想知道....”她開始說。
She didn't get a chance to finish. There was a knock on the door.
她沒有機會完成。有人敲門。
I opened the door. It was Sydney, my best friend.
我打開門,是西德尼,我最好的朋友。
"I wanted to see if you wanted to...." she began to say as she walked into the house.
“我想知道你是否想....”她走進房子開始說。
She stopped when she saw Jennifer. She stared at her and Jennifer stared back.
她一看見詹妮弗就停了下來。她看著詹妮弗,詹妮弗也盯著她。
"Um...Jennifer Brody, this is Sydney Morita. Sydney, this is Jennifer," I said.
“嗯……詹妮弗·布羅迪,這位是西德尼·森田。西德尼,我是詹妮弗,”我說。
"It's nice to meet you," Jennifer said.
“很高興見到你,”詹妮弗說。
"You, too," Sandy said, coldly.
“我也是,”西德尼冷冷地說。
Jennifer got up as if to go. "I'm sorry. I should be leaving."
詹妮弗站起身來似乎要走。“很抱歉,我該走了。”
"No, don't go," I said. I looked over at Sydney and she gave me a dirty look.
“不,別走,”我說。我看著西德尼,西德尼惡狠狠地看了我一眼。
I didn't understand it. They didn't even know each other,
我不明白,他們甚至不認識對方,
but they were behaving as if they didn't like each other at all.
但他們表現得好像根本不喜歡對方似的。
Just then, Uncle Jeff walked in the door. He must have sensed the tense feeling in the air.
正在這時,杰夫叔叔走進了門。他一定感覺到了空氣中彌漫的緊張氣氛。
"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," he said, walking toward his office.
“我希望我沒有打擾你,”他說著朝辦公室走去。
He looked like he was trying to get out of the room as fast as he could.
杰夫叔叔看起來像是在試圖盡快離開房間。