His eyes moved from the golden registration number at the top of the handle right down to the perfectly smooth, streamlined birch twigs that made up the tail.
他的眼睛從飛天掃帚最上端的金色序號一直看到完全平滑、呈流線型的掃帚末稍。
'Who sent it to you?' said Ron in a hushed voice.
“是誰送給你的?”羅恩悄聲問道。
'Look and see if there's a card,' said Harry.
“看看是不是有卡片。”哈利說。
Ron ripped apart the Firebolt's wrappings.
羅恩撕開火弩箭的包裝紙。
'Nothing! Blimey, who'd spend that much on you?'
“什么也沒有!哎呀,誰為你花這么多錢啊?”
'Well,' said Harry, feeling stunned, 'I'm betting it wasn't the Dursleys.'
“唔,”哈利說,詫異得不得了,“我敢打賭不是德思禮家。”
'I bet it was Dumbledore,' said Ron, now walking round and round the Firebolt, taking in every glorious inch.
“我打賭是鄧布利多,”羅恩說,繞著輝煌的火弩箭走了又走,從頭到尾看了個仔細,
'He sent you the Invisibility Cloak anonymously...'
“他不是匿名給你送過隱形衣嗎?”
'That was my dad's, though,' said Harry. 'Dumbledore was just passing it on to me.
“不過那是我爸爸的呀,”哈利說,“鄧布利多只是把它交給我罷了。

He wouldn't spend hundreds of Galleons on me.
他不會在我身上花這么多錢的。
He can't go giving students stuff like this —'
他可不能給學生這樣貴重的東西。”
'That's why he wouldn't say it was from him!' said Ron. 'In case some git like Malfoy said it was favouritism.
“所以他才不說這是他送的呀!”羅恩說,“要不然像馬爾福這樣的家伙就會說他偏心了。
Hey, Harry —' Ron gave a great whoop of laughter, 'Malfoy!
嘿,哈利——”羅恩大笑起來,“馬爾福!
Wait 'til he sees you on this! He'll be sick as a pig!
等他看見你騎著這把掃帚!他會難受死的!
This is an international-standard broom, this is!'
這是一把國際水平的掃帚,真的!”
'I can't believe this,' Harry muttered, running a hand along the Firebolt, while Ron sank onto Harry's bed, laughing his head off at the thought of Malfoy.
“我真不能相信,”哈利嘟囔道,一手撫摸著這把掃帚,羅恩這時躺到哈利的床上,想到馬爾福會是什么模樣就笑得氣都喘不過來。
'Who —?' 'I know,' said Ron, controlling himself. 'I know who it could've been — Lupin!'
“誰——?”“我知道了,”羅恩說,盡量壓下笑聲,“我知道可能是誰送的了——盧平!”