"Glinda is a Good Witch, isn't she?" asked the child.
多蘿茜問:“甘林達是一個善良的女巫嗎?”
"The Quadlings think she is good," said the soldier, "and she is kind to everyone.
“桂特林人公認她是好人,”兵士說,“她對每一個人都友好。
I have heard that Glinda is a beautiful woman, who knows how to keep young in spite of the many years she has lived."
我還聽說那甘林達非常漂亮,她看上去依然年輕,雖然她已經很老了。”
"How can I get to her castle?" asked Dorothy.
多蘿茜問:“我怎么找到她的城堡?”
"The road is straight to the South," he answered, "but it is said to be full of dangers to travelers.
“你要一直向南走,”他回答說,“然而你要知道,對于旅行的人們充滿著危險。
There are wild beasts in the woods, and a race of queer men who do not like strangers to cross their country.
在路上,森林里藏著野獸,還有一種奇怪的人,他們不愿意讓陌生的客人經過他們的國土。
For this reason none of the Quadlings ever come to the Emerald City."
就是因為這些原因,住在桂特林的人也沒有來過這翡翠城。”
The soldier then left them and the Scarecrow said:
于是這個兵士說完這些話,就離開了。稻草人說道,
"It seems, in spite of dangers, that the best thing Dorothy can do is to travel to the Land of the South and ask Glinda to help her.
“那么,似乎只有多蘿茜能夠不顧路途的危險,去南方的國土:請求甘林達的幫助。
For, of course, if Dorothy stays here she will never get back to Kansas."
當然啦,如果多蘿茜不去找甘達林,她永遠也不能回到堪薩斯州去。”
"You must have been thinking again," remarked the Tin Woodman.
“你必須再仔細考慮一下,”鐵皮人提醒他。
"I have," said the Scarecrow.
“我想過了,”稻草人說。
"I shall go with Dorothy," declared the Lion, "for I am tired of your city and long for the woods and the country again.
“我要和多蘿茜一起去,”獅子聲明說,“因為我已經厭倦了你的城市,渴望著森林和我的家。
I am really a wild beast, you know.
你得明白,我是一只真正的野獸。