Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Our company potluck is on December 23.
羅布:我們公司的百樂餐定在12月23日。
Taylor: Did Chef Jeff give you any good ideas for the Christmas dinner?
泰勒:杰夫大廚有沒有給你提供一些圣誕晚餐的點子?
Rob: Yes. We can cook one main dish, and then everyone else can bring a salad or something else.
羅布:有啊。我們可以做一道主菜,然后其他人可以帶一份沙拉或者別的東西。
Taylor: Like a dessert!
泰勒:比如說一份甜品!
Rob: Of course! You can never have too many desserts!
羅布:沒錯!甜品永遠不嫌多!
Taylor: I'll make one.
泰勒:我要做一份。
Rob: Great! I'll bake a big ham.
羅布:太棒了!我會烤一只大火腿。
Conversation B
對話B
Taylor: What are you making for the potluck?
泰勒:你要為百樂餐做什么東西?
Linda: I haven't decided yet. But Rob is cooking a ham, right?
琳達:我還沒決定呢。但是羅布要做一只火腿,是吧?
Taylor: Yes.
泰勒:是的。
Linda: Then I can make a potato dish. Ham and potatoes go well together.
琳達:那我就做一道土豆的菜肴吧。火腿和土豆很配呦。
Taylor: Yes, they do.
泰勒:是的,確實如此。
Linda: Or I could make soup.
琳達:或者我也可以做一道湯。
Taylor: Soup? For Christmas dinner?
泰勒:湯?圣誕晚餐喝嗎?
Linda: Sure. I have a great shrimp soup recipe. I think people will really like it.
琳達:是啊。我有一個很美味的蝦湯菜譜。我想大家會喜歡的。
Conversation C
對話C
Alex: I'm looking forward to the Christmas potluck.
阿萊克斯:我好期待圣誕節的百樂餐啊。
Ben: Me, too. There will be lots of good food to eat. Taylor is making cheesecake again.
本:我也是。會有很多美味的食物可以吃。泰勒又要做奶酪蛋糕了。
Alex: Yum! What are you going to bring?
阿萊克斯:美味!你會帶什么呢?
Ben: I'm going to bring some fresh fruit.
本:我會帶一些新鮮的水果。
Alex: And I'm going to bring fried rice.
阿萊克斯:我要帶炒飯。
Ben: No one will go home hungry!
本:肯定沒有人會餓著肚子回家了!
Alex: And if they do, it will be their own fault!
阿萊克斯:如果有的話,那就是他們自己的錯了!