It is Monday. I'm waiting for a repairman at home.
今天是周一。我在家等候一位修理工。
My TV doesn't work. The repairman comes to my door.
我的電視出問題了。修理工來到了我的門外。
"Hello. My name is Larry," he says. "Are you Mr. E?"
他說道:“你好,我叫拉里。你是E先生嗎?”
"Yes, I am. Can you fix my TV?" I ask.
“是的,我就是。你能修理我的電視機嗎?”我問道。
"Yes! Where is the TV?" He asks.
“可以!電視在哪里?”他問道。
"Please come in. The TV is in the living room." I say.
我說:“請進。電視就在客廳里?!?/div>
He looks at the TV. He looks at things on the TV.
他看了看電視機。然后又看了看電視機上面的東西。
Then he asks me for some water.
然后他向我要了一些水。
I get some water and come back.
我倒了一些水,然后走了回來。
"Your TV is no good. And your DVD player isn't working, either," he says.
他說:“你的電視不能用了。并且你的DVD播放器也壞了?!?/div>
"Really?!" I ask.
“真的嗎?”我問道。
"Yes. Let's put them outside," he says. "They're garbage now."
他說:“是的。我們把這些東西搬出去吧。它們現在是垃圾了?!?/div>
He carries the TV and DVD player outside.
他把電視機和DVD播放器拿了出去。
I pay him, and he leaves.
然后我給了他錢,他就離開了。
But something is wrong. How can the TV and DVD player be garbage?
但是不太對勁。電視機和DVD播放器怎么會是垃圾呢?
That night, I wait outside.
那天晚上,我就在房外等。
The garbage man always comes on Tuesday night -- never Monday night.
垃圾清理工總是在周二晚上來,從來不會是在周一晚上。
At 9 p.m., the repairman comes back. He picks up the TV.
晚上9點,那個修理工回來了。他搬起了電視機。
I stop him and say, "Are you the garbage man?"
我攔下了他,說道:“你是垃圾清理工嗎?”

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: