Even I could see that the blood was fresh.
我甚至都能看出血是鮮紅的。
That's Dean Maurie, I thought.
那是毛里院長,我想。
Then I corrected myself. That was Dean Maurie.
然后我確認了一下,是毛里院長沒錯。
He was dead, but he hadn't been dead for long.
毛里院長死了,但死沒多久。
"Clara. Clara!" my uncle said to Professor Dunn.
“克拉拉,克拉拉”!叔叔對鄧恩教授說。
She stopped rocking. She looked up at him, but didn't seem to see him.
鄧恩教授停止了搖擺,抬頭看著杰夫叔叔,但似乎沒看見他。
Then I saw what was in her hand. She was holding a statue.
接著我看到她手里拿著什么東西,她拿著一尊雕像。
It was made of green stone in the shape of a Greek goddess. It was about 1 4 inches long.
這尊雕像是由希臘女神形狀的綠色石頭制成,大約14英寸長。
It was also covered with blood.
上面也沾滿了鮮血。
My uncle bent down and took the statue from her hands. Professor Dunn let it go easily.
杰夫叔叔彎下腰,從她手中奪走了雕像,鄧恩教授很容易地松了手。
Uncle Jeff set it down on the desk and then went back to Clara Dunn.
杰夫叔叔把它放在桌子上,然后來到克拉拉·鄧恩身邊。
He took her hands and gently pulled her to her feet.
杰夫叔叔拉著鄧恩教授的手,輕輕地拉她站了起來。
She got up without protest and my uncle led her to her office next door.
鄧恩教授毫無反抗地站了起來,叔叔把她帶到隔壁的辦公室,
He sat her down in her office chair.
讓她坐在辦公室的椅子上。
He pulled up a chair and sat down next to her.
杰夫叔叔拉過一把椅子,坐在她旁邊。
"Clara, tell me what happened," he said to her.
“克拉拉,告訴我發生了什么事,”叔叔對她說道。
Her eyes were still unfocused and she looked at the blank wall across from her as she spoke.
鄧恩教授說話時看著對面那堵空白的墻,眼睛仍然沒有集中。
"I didn't mean to do it," she said. "I didn't mean to do it."
“我不是故意的,”她說。“我不是故意的。”