The next day, I came home after school around 4:00.
第二天4點左右,我放學回家。
Uncle Jeff and I had planned to talk about some work he wanted me to do for his new book.
杰夫叔叔和我打算談談他想讓我為他的新書做的工作。
But when I stepped through the front door, I could see that he was already busy.
但當我走進前門,我看到他在忙。
He had a visitor. Uncle Jeff was in the living room with a woman.
來了一個人,杰夫叔叔和一個女人在客廳里。
She was about 45 years old.
那個女人45歲左右,
She had short, blond hair and she was wearing a dark sweater and a long skirt. She was carrying an old briefcase.
留著一頭金黃色的短發,穿著一件深色毛衣和一條長裙,提著一個舊公文包。
She looked confident, but worried. Uncle Jeff stood up when I opened the door.
她看上去很有自信,但有些擔心,我開門時杰夫叔叔站了起來。
"Clara Dunn, I want you to meet my nephew, Derrick Cruz," my uncle said.
“克拉拉·鄧恩,我想讓你見見我的侄子,德里克·克魯茲,”杰夫叔叔說。
The woman stood up and I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you," she said.
那女人站起來,我和她握了握手。“很高興見到你,”她說。
"It's nice to meet you, too, Professor Dunn," I said. I turned to go to my room.
“我也很高興見到你,鄧恩教授,”我說。我轉身走進我的房間。
"Wait, Derrick. If you have some time, I would like you to hear what Professor Dunn has to say," he said.
“等等,德里克。如果你有時間的話,我想讓你聽聽鄧恩教授是怎么說的,”他說。
"I already told her that you are my assistant."
“我已經把你是我的助手告訴她了。”
I looked at Uncle Jeff to make sure he was serious. Clara Dunn said in her email that this was an important matter.
我看了看杰夫叔叔,確定他是認真的。克拉拉·鄧恩在電子郵件中說,這件事情很重要。
He gave me a quick nod. "Sure," I said quickly and sat down in a chair next to Uncle Jeff.
他迅速地點了點頭。“當然,”我很快說道,然后坐在杰夫叔叔旁邊的椅子上。