After dinner, Uncle Jeff walked Aunt April to the front door.
晚飯后,杰夫叔叔把愛普莉姨媽送到前門,
He helped her put on her expensive white fur coat.
幫她穿上昂貴的白色裘皮大衣。
I was in the kitchen cleaning up, but the kitchen door was open and I heard a little of their conversation.
我正在廚房打掃衛生,但廚房門開著,我聽到了一點他們的談話。
"Darling, I want you to be careful. I don't like you running around trying to stop murderers, just like a policeman.
“親愛的,你要當心,我不喜歡你像警察一樣,東奔西跑的抓兇手。
It's not right. It's too dangerous. You should…"
那樣不好,太危險了,你應該……”
"April, I know you're worried," Uncle Jeff said.
“愛普莉,我知道你很擔心,”杰夫叔叔說。
"I'm not trying to be a policeman. I was just helping a friend.
“我不是想當警察,我只是在幫一個朋友。
I got lucky and found out some useful information that helped the police catch the killer.
我很幸運,發現了一些有用的信息,幫助警察抓住了兇手。
I wasn't in any danger. That's all it was. Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper."
我沒有任何危險,這是真的,不要相信你在報紙上看到的。”
"Still, Jeff darling, I worry about the boy. Maybe you should think about him moving in with me.
“親愛的杰夫,我還是很擔心德里克,也許你應該考慮讓他搬來和我住。
I know we've talked about it before, but now that you're mixed up in crime...," Aunt April said.
我知道我們以前討論過這個問題,但現在你卷入犯罪案件…”愛普莉姨媽說道。
"Thank you, April. I know you love Derrick and want the best for him. I do, too. Let's talk about it later, okay?"
“謝謝你,愛普莉,我知道你愛德里克,想給他最好的,我也是,這件事兒我們以后再談,好嗎?”
"Okay, Jeff, but if anything bad happens to that boy…"
“好吧,杰夫,但如果德里克出了什么事……”
"I know, April, I know."
“我知道,愛普莉,我了解。”