"Your aunt is right, you know," Uncle Jeff said as he came back into the kitchen.
“你姨媽說得對,”杰夫叔叔回到廚房時說。
I was washing the dishes. He sat down at the kitchen table.
我正在洗盤子,他在餐桌旁坐下。
"She has a big, beautiful house and she has the money to give you what you need," he said.
“她的房子又大又漂亮,她有足夠的錢能給你需要的東西,”他說。
"She can give you so much more than I can."
“她能給你的比我能給你的多得多。”
"We've talked about this a hundred times before," I said.
“我們之前已經討論過一百次了,”我說。
"I want to live here. And plus, what would you do without me?" I asked.
“我想住在這里,還有,沒有我你怎么辦?”我問。
I gave him a funny smile.
我朝他笑了笑。
Uncle Jeff looked serious for a minute. Then, his face relaxed and he smiled back.
杰夫叔叔看上去很嚴肅,之后表情放松了下來也朝我笑了。
"Well, you don't cook," he said. "That's for sure."
“你不做飯,”他說道,“那當然了。”
"No, I don't. And you don't cook either. Which restaurant did you go to to buy our dinner?" I asked.
“是的,我不做飯,你也不做飯,我們晚上去哪家餐廳吃飯?”我問。
Uncle Jeff laughed. "From Delucci's Italian Restaurant. Don't tell your aunt."
杰夫叔叔笑了,“德魯奇的意大利餐廳,不要告訴你姨媽。”