克里斯蒂娜:堵車了是怎么回事?后邊堵著的車都有半英里了。
Harry: I bet the border patrol is looking for smugglers.
哈里:我猜,應該是邊境巡邏在查走私。
Christina: Do you really think so? I wonder if there could be a drug mule in one of these cars carrying illegal drugs.
克里斯蒂娜:你真的這么認為嗎?我想這些堵著的車輛里會不會有一名攜帶毒品的毒販。

Harry: It might be drugs, but it could be any kind of contraband. I’ve heard that there’s a problem with gunrunning and other kinds of arms trafficking across these borders.
哈里:有可能是毒品,不過也有可能是任何一種違禁品。我聽說有人走私軍火,也有人跨境走私武器。
Christina: Maybe they’re looking for people trying to sneak into this country without permission.
克里斯蒂娜:也許他們在盤查沒有入境許可想試圖偷偷入境的移民。
Harry: Or they could be looking for people trying to import exotic species without permission.
哈里:或者他們在搜查未經允許試圖進口外來物種的人。
Christina: What kinds of exotic species?
克里斯蒂娜:什么樣的外來物種?
Harry: Plants and animals that aren’t allowed to be brought into this country, at least not without quarantine.
哈里:禁止攜帶入境的植物和動物,至少包括那些未經檢疫的動植物。
Christina: Plants? You mean like these herb plants I bought?
克里斯蒂娜:植物?你是說我買的這些草本植物?
Harry: I doubt if they’re prohibited. Wait, you can’t leave the car!
哈里:我懷疑它們是否在禁止名單之列。等等,你不能下車!
Christina: What if this is contraband and they catch me with it?
克里斯蒂娜:如果這是禁運品,他們因此逮捕我怎么辦?
Harry: They’ll confiscate it and send us on our way.
哈里:他們只會沒收物品,然后會放人離開的。
Christina: Are you sure?
克里斯蒂娜:你確定嗎?
Harry: Sure, I’m sure. They’d be much more interested in the bats I’m smuggling in my pants anyway.
哈里:確定以及肯定,他們一定對我褲子里走私的蝙蝠更感興趣。
Christina: What?!
克里斯蒂娜:什么?!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載