Max: Hello, hello, is this call-in tech support?
馬克斯:你好,你好,請問這里是技術售后部嗎?
Grace: Yes, my name is Grace and this is the help desk. How can I help you today?
格雷絲:是,我是格雷絲。這里是咨詢臺。請問,有什么需要幫助的嗎?
Max: I’m having a problem with my machine and I don’t know what to do.
馬克斯:我的機器出了點問題,我不知道該怎么辦。
Grace: Have you tried reading our online troubleshooting guide or asking your question on the support forum?
格雷絲:你有沒有看我們的在線故障查找指南,或者在支持論壇上發問。
Max: The what?
馬克斯:什么東西?
Grace: Never mind. Can you describe the problem you’re having?
格雷絲:沒關系。你能說一下出了什么問題了嗎?
Max: It doesn’t work.
馬克斯:壞了。
Grace: I understand that. What exactly is the malfunction?
格雷絲:我明白。具體是什么部位壞了呢?
Max: It’s not working.
馬克斯:就是壞了。
Grace: For me to diagnose whether it’s a software or hardware problem, I’ll need more information. Unfortunately, I can’t repair it remotely.
格雷絲:如果我要判斷是硬件還是軟件的問題,我需要更多的信息。很抱歉,我無法進行遠程修理。
Max: Okay, I understand.
馬克斯:好,我明白。
Grace: Good. We offer all kinds of support, from setup to customization to disaster recovery, but I can’t do anything if I don’t understand the problem.
格雷絲:好,我們提供多種技術支持,從安裝、定制到災難恢復。可是如果我不知道問題出在哪里,我也束手無策。
Max: Okay.
馬克斯:沒問題。
Grace: Could you walk me through what happens when you turn on the machine?
格雷絲:你能詳細解釋一下啟動機器時發生的問題嗎?
Max: Nothing.
馬克斯:什么都沒有。
Grace: Nothing? Nothing at all?
格雷絲:什么都沒有?什么動靜都沒有?
Max: Zip, zilch, zero.
馬克斯:沒,沒有,一點反應沒有。
Grace: Sir, is the machine plugged in?
格雷絲:先生,請問機器插電了嗎?
Max: Oh, it needs to be plugged in?
馬克斯:哦?還需要插電嗎?
Grace: (sigh)
格雷絲:哎......
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載