I put my hand on my gun, and slowly opened the door wider. I saw nothing.
我手握著槍,慢慢地開門。我什么也沒看見。
I carefully picked up a towel from the floor. Nothing. "There must be someone in the bathroom," I thought.
我小心地從地板上撿起一條毛巾。什么也沒有。“浴缸里一定有人,”我想。
In one fell swoop, I kicked the shower curtain back. "Don't move!" I shouted.
剎那間,我踢開浴簾。“別動!”我叫道。
Suddenly a little white cat jumped out of the bathtub and scurried between my legs. A cat. I should have known.
突然,一只小白貓從浴缸里跳了出來,跑到我的兩腿之間。一只貓。我早該知道的。
"Oh, Jasmine! I forgot about you!" Anne said. The cat looked happy to see her. She took her into the kitchen.
“茉莉!我忘了還有你!”安妮說道。這只貓看似很開心見到她。她將貓帶進廚房。
I poked around the rest of the bedroom, and then followed Anne into the kitchen.
我在浴室里看了一下,然后跟著安妮去到廚房。
"Does the cat have any food left in her dish?" I asked.
“貓的盤里還有食物么?”我問道。
"It's almost gone. Poor Jasmine! You must be hungry."
“幾乎沒了。可憐的茉莉!你一定很餓了吧。”
"Well, Bill and Sarah haven't been gone long, we know that."
“好吧,現在我們知道,比爾和薩拉沒走多久。”
I walked over to the telephone answering machine and checked their messages. No one had called.
我走到電話答錄機旁邊,查看他們的的信息。沒人打過電話。