"Let's see if we can get into their apartment and take a look around," I suggested.
“看看我們能不能進去,”我建議到。
We walked into the large, white building, and up to the third floor.
我們走進了這個白色的大樓,并上到三樓。
Anne got an extra key from the apartment manager so we could go in.
安妮從公寓經理那里拿到了備用鑰匙,所以我們可以進去。
"Apartment number 306, Anne?" I asked her.
“306號公寓,是么,安妮?”我問她。
"Yes. Here's the key," she answered.
“是的。這是鑰匙,”她回答。
"Let me open the door." I took the key from her. I opened the door very slowly.
“我來開門。”我從她手里拿過鑰匙。慢慢地開門。
One thing I learned from my work as a bodyguard:
從保鏢的工作中,我所學到的一件事是:
Be careful when opening a stranger's door. You never know what's behind it.
開陌生人家的門時要小心。你根本不知道門后邊有什么。
I opened the door slowly. I went in first, making sure everything was okay before Anne followed.
我慢慢地開門。我首先進去,確保里邊一切正常,再讓安妮進來。
The living room was large and full of expensive things: a big- screen television, a fancy stereo,
客廳很大且滿是昂貴的物件:大屏電視機、昂貴的立體聲響、
a CD player, two big, brown leather chairs, and a comfortable-looking sofa.
CD播放器、兩個棕色皮革的大椅子,以及一個看起來很舒適的沙發。
The living room alone was bigger than my entire apartment.
單客廳就比我的整個公寓大兩倍。
"My God, it smells like beer and cigarettes in here! Bill and Sarah don't even smoke," Anne said.
“天啊,這里有啤酒和香煙的味道!比爾和薩拉都不抽煙,”安妮說。