Are you going to do that soon?
你會很快去做鑒定嗎?
Is there somebody that you can't...Well, I'm only one side. I'm only one side of the test. But I'm happy to participate.
你不能……我只是鑒定的一方。但是我很樂意進行鑒定。
Okay, those head shakes are much easier to spot once you know to look for them.
好了,只要你注意看,就不難發現他在搖頭。
There are going to be times when someone makes one expression while masking another that just kind of leaks through in a flash.
一個人往往會通過一個表情來掩飾另一個表情,而這個表情會閃現出來。
Murderers are known to leak sadness.
謀殺者通常會漏出傷感之色。
Your new joint venture partner might shake your hand, celebrate, go out to dinner with you and then leak an expression of anger.
你新的合資伙伴可能會跟你握手、慶祝和你去吃飯,接著漏出一絲憤怒。
And we're not all going to become facial expression experts overnight here, but there's one I can teach you that's very dangerous and it's easy to learn,
我們不可能一夜之間成為表情專家,我下面教你們辨識一個非常危險的表情,這也很容易學會。
and that's the expression of contempt.
那就是輕蔑的表情。
Now with anger, you've got two people on an even playing field.
假設兩個人勢均力敵地競爭。
It's still somewhat of a healthy relationship.
這是個比較正常的關系。
But when anger turns to contempt, you've been dismissed.
但是憤怒一旦變成輕蔑,你就輸了。
It's associated with moral superiority.
這與道德優越感有關。
And for that reason, it's very, very hard to recover from.
正因如此,人們才很難改正這個行為。
Here's what it looks like. It's marked by one lip corner pulled up and in.
這樣的表情就是輕蔑。其標識就是一邊的嘴角向上并往里收起。
It's the only asymmetrical expression.
這是唯一一個不對稱的表情。
And in the presence of contempt, whether or not deception follows -- and it doesn't always follow -- look the other way, go the other direction, reconsider the deal, say,
不論對方是否在說謊,也并不總是謊言,只要看到對方輕蔑的表情,就應該往反方向思考,重新考慮這筆交易,說:
"No thank you. I'm not coming up for just one more nightcap. Thank you."
“不用了。謝謝。我來可不是喝酒的。謝謝了。”