日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 品牌英語聽力 > Listen to this 英語聽力 > Listen to this 3 英語高級聽力 > 正文

Listen to this 3 英語高級聽力(MP3+中英字幕) 第19課(3)

來源:可可英語 編輯:Wendy ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手機掃描二維碼查看全部內容

Forbes magazine yesterday published its annual list of the 400 wealthiest people in America.

昨日,《福布斯》發布了美國400位富豪的年度排行榜。
Sam Moore Walton, founder of the Wal-Mart Department Store chain heads the list for the second year in a row with a total worth of 4.5 billion dollars.
沃爾瑪百貨公司的創始人山姆·沃爾頓以45億美元的財富值蟬聯首位。
Other familiar names on the list include chicken producer Frank Perdue;
其他為人所熟知的還有雞肉生產商弗蘭克·珀杜、
fashion designer Ralph Lauren, and TV producers Merv Griffin and Dick Clark,
時尚設計師拉夫·勞倫、電視制作人梅夫·格里芬和迪克·克拉克,
each worth more than the minimum 180,000,000 dollars needed to get on the list.
每位榜上有名的富豪,其財富值都不低于1.8億美元。
That minimum figure was up from 150,000,000 last year.
而去年進入福布斯排行榜的門檻值是1.5億美元。
Also the number of billionaires jumped from 14 to 26.
此外,億萬富翁的人數也曾14名上升至26名。
We asked Forbes' Editor Harry Seneker to help us interpret those figures.
我們采訪了《福布斯》編輯哈里塞·尼克,請他為我們解讀了這些數字背后的含義。
Well, it shows that the rich do get richer, and it also shows that we've been doing a little more of our homework each year.
這個情況表明,富人的財富值提升了,同時也表明我們每年的工作量也在小幅加大。
It's quite a lot of work to refine your estimates of what people's assets are worth when they are not very eager to co-operate with you.
要在別人不愿意配合的情況下估算出他們的財富值需要做很多的工作。
And each year we get a little better. Each year we find a few new ones that we'd missed before.
每年,我們都會有些驚喜,每年都會有一些早就該上榜的人登上榜單。
And some people are left off this list because they don't co-operate, Malcolm Forbes, for one.
有些人被漏掉是因為他們沒有全力配合,比如邁爾康·福布斯。
Oh no, he's in there. It's just that we wouldn't, for the life of us, say exactly where.
其實他一直都屬于這個名單,只是我們很難確定他位列多少名。
You started this list about 5 years ago. Why did it start? Why do you continue to do it?
您是5年前開始著手這個名單的,您的初衷是什么呢?是什么支持您做到現在呢?
Why? Well, it started...the short answer for why it started is that Malcolm Forbes thought that people would be interested in it and insisted on us doing it and doing it right.
為什么要做這件事呢,簡單來說就是,邁爾康·福布斯覺得大家會對這樣的排位感興趣,所以堅持讓我們以公正地方式來做這件事。
But he didn't want to co-operate himself.
但他本人是不想配合的。

fobes.jpg

Well, you run into certain problems with the IRS and inheritance taxes if you put a number on yourself.

是這樣的,如果把自己的財富值也公之于眾就會在美國國稅局那里和遺產稅方面遇到麻煩:
You want to negotiate that figure, or your heirs do.
邁爾康·福布斯先生或者他的繼承人就要商討這個數字是多少。
Is there any commonality to how these people have achieved such wealth?
這些富人身上有什么共性嗎?
Did they earn it the old-fashioned way?
他們是用傳統方法致富的嗎?
Well, at some point, everybody, every fortune had to be earned the old-fashioned way.
從某種程度而言,每個人都要用傳統方法來獲得每桶金。
And the old-fashioned way is, you set up a business that can be multiplied indefinitely beyond the limitations of your own personal efforts.
所謂傳統方法就是:成立一家公司,然后使它無限成長,達到靠自己之力無法企及的程度。
It can be an oil business, like John D. Rockefeller did with the Standard Oil Trust.
公司類型可以是石油公司,比如約翰·戴維森·洛克菲勒創辦的標準石油公司。
It could be, you know, an organization that can produce dozens of game shows like Merv Griffin.
也可以是娛樂公司,比如梅夫·格里芬的公司。
But of most of them that are on the list, say, this year, are they new to the list, new wealth, or is this mostly inherited fortunes?
但大多數榜上有名的富豪,他們都是新晉富豪還是通過繼承財富而晉升榜單的呢?
There's a mix of both. You know, the new arrivals are mostly new wealth.
兩種情況都有,不過大多數都薪金富豪。
Every once in a while, we find a branch of an old family that we really should have included.
每隔一段時間,我們就會在熟悉的家族面孔里發現新的富豪對象。
And this year we found a few Melons out there in Pittsburgh.
比如,今年,我們在匹茲堡發現了梅隆家族的一些新晉富豪。
Who's the youngest on the list this year?
今年的富豪名單中,最年輕的是哪位呢?
One of those. His name is Michael Carrier.
其中一位就是邁克爾·卡里爾。
But, you know, he goes back to the Melons on his mother's side. And he is how old? He's twenty-five.
他是以娘家人的身份登上富豪榜的。他今年多大了呢?25歲。
And how much is he worth? On the order of a couple of hundred million dollars.
他財富值多少呢?幾億美元。
You should understand with people like the Melons, it is enormously hard to get a sense of just how much is out there.
我們也能理解像他們家族這樣的富豪人家,家纏萬貫數不清了。
We think we're being conservative with that figure.
我覺得這個數字還是有些保守了。
What about the oldest? Who's the oldest on the list?
那年事最高的是哪位呢?
The oldest is lady named Dorothy Stimson Bullit. And she's known out in the Washington state.
是一位女士,名叫桃樂茜·斯廷森·布利特。她在華盛頓州家喻戶曉。
She has some radio stations and real estate out there. The lady is ninety-four.
華盛頓州有一些她名下的無線電臺和房地產。她今年已經94歲了。
Do you get any mail response from this? People write in and have comments about it?
有用戶寫信反饋過這件事嗎?
We get people writing in saying, Gee you missed so-and-so.
收到過大家的反饋說,你看,你又漏掉了某某人等等。
Once in a while, we get somebody who writes in and says, You missed me.
有時候,我們會收到來信說,你把我漏掉了。
He's usually exaggerating Harry Seneker, Senior Editor of Forbes magazine.
哈里塞·尼克的畫風總是比較夸張。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
fortune ['fɔ:tʃən]

想一想再看

n. 財產,命運,運氣

 
enormously

想一想再看

adv. 巨大地,龐大地;非常地,在極大程度上

 
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,響應,反應,答復
n. [宗

聯想記憶
interpret [in'tə:prit]

想一想再看

v. 解釋,翻譯,口譯,詮釋

 
produce [prə'dju:s]

想一想再看

n. 產品,農作物
vt. 生產,提出,引起,

聯想記憶
designer [di'zainə]

想一想再看

n. 設計者

聯想記憶
branch [brɑ:ntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 分支,樹枝,分店,分部
v. 分支,分岔

 
refine [ri'fain]

想一想再看

vt. 精煉,凈化,使優雅
vi. 被提純,改

聯想記憶
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 確定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
estate [is'teit]

想一想再看

n. 財產,房地產,狀態,遺產

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 黑帮大佬和我的第365天| 凶宅幽灵| 童女之舞| 徐若| 快乐读书吧1-6年级推荐书目| 我是老师电影完整版| 贝蒂的启蒙| 同性恋免费观看| 电影《天启》| 来5566看av激情电影使劲撸| 意大利斜体| 林繁男| 第三套广播体操七彩阳光完整版视频| 教学评一体化课题研究| 美女亚洲| 超人机梅塔路达| 巴不得妈妈| 让我们的家更美好教学设计| 美女网站视频在线| 魔女| 免费观看河南卫视直播| 十一码复式22块钱中奖对照表| 日韩免费观看视频| 玫瑰的故事在线看| 湖南卫视直播| 春风沉醉的夜晚电影| reimei影虎| 仙剑奇侠传三图片| 超薄打底广场舞视频| 日韩大胆视频| 蔡雅同| 乱世佳人电视剧免费观看完整版 | 北京卫视电视节目单| 那些花儿吉他谱原版| 叶玉卿电影| 绅士联盟| 念亲恩简谱| 江西省旅游地图| 上瘾电影| 《最美的青春》演员表| 小宏人司机版|