Conversation A
對話A
Linda: I am so sorry, Alex. I really can't skip this meeting. I didn't realize the play was tonight.
琳達:很抱歉,阿萊克斯。我真的不能缺席這個會議。我沒意識到這個話劇是在今晚。
Alex: Didn't you put it in your phone? Or on your calendar?
阿萊克斯:你沒有把它記到你的手機里嗎?或者你的日程表上?
Linda: No, I didn't. I thought I would remember. And I didn't.
琳達:我沒有。我以為我記得住的。可是我忘了。
Alex: Well, I guess you can't go.
阿萊克斯:好吧,我想你是去不了了。
Linda: I'm sorry, Alex. But let me pay you for my ticket. Then use it to take someone else.
琳達:抱歉,阿萊克斯。但是我把票錢給你吧。你再找別人一起去吧。

Conversation B
對話B
Taylor: I apologize, Rob. I've had too many things on my mind this morning.
泰勒:我道歉,羅布。今天上午我腦子里有很多事情。
Rob: I understand. But what about my program?
羅布:我明白。但是我的節目怎么辦?
Taylor: Do you have the information on bird-watching?
泰勒:你有關于賞鳥的相關資訊嗎?
Rob: Yes. I have it right here.
羅布:有。就在我這里。
Taylor: Give it to me. I'll go and create the chart right now. If I make a pie chart, it won't take me too long.
泰勒:給我吧。我現在開始制作圖表。如果我做一個餅狀圖,不會花我太長時間。
Rob: Thanks, Taylor. That would be great.
羅布:謝謝,泰勒。那樣就太好了。
Conversation C
對話C
Ben: I'm really sorry, Susie. I misunderstood you.
本:蘇西,真的很抱歉。我誤解了你的意思。
Susie: It's my fault. I wasn't clear. So please tell me what we can do.
蘇西:是我的錯。我沒說清楚。跟我說一下我們要怎么辦吧。
Ben: Well, I can make the list this afternoon.
本:嗯,我今天下午可以做出這個名單。
Susie: But I need to call all the professors today to set up interviews.
蘇西:但是我今天要給所有教授打電話,預定訪談時間。
Ben: OK, I'll do the list right away. Then, you'll have time to make the calls.
本:好的。我馬上做出這個名單來。然后你就有時間打電話了。
Susie: Thanks, Ben.
蘇西:謝謝你,本。