Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Hey, Linda. Are you excited about the play tonight?
阿萊克斯:嗨,琳達。你會不會對今晚的話劇很期待?
Linda: Play? What play?
琳達:話???什么話劇?
Alex: The Mousetrap, remember? We talked about going last week.
阿萊克斯:《捕鼠器》啊,記得嗎?我們上星期說要一起去的。
Linda: Oh, yes. Is the play tonight?
琳達:哦,對。是今晚演出么?
Alex: Yes, it is. You were excited about seeing it.
阿萊克斯:是啊。你當時很期待要去看的。
Linda: Oh, Alex. I have to cancel. I have an important meeting tonight.
琳達:哦,阿萊克斯。我不得不取消這一計劃了。我今晚有一場很重要的會議。
Alex: What? I already bought the tickets. And they were expensive!
阿萊克斯:什么?我已經買了票了。而且很貴??!

Conversation B
對話B
Rob: There you are, Taylor! Did you make those bird-watching charts for me? They're for my interview today.
羅布:泰勒,你總算來了!你有沒有幫我做那些觀鳥圖?我今天采訪要用的。
Taylor: Oh, Rob, I forgot! You need those charts today?
泰勒:哦,羅布,我給忘了!你幾天就要這些圖嗎?
Rob: Yes, Taylor. My interview starts in 20 minutes. How could you forget?
羅布:是啊,泰勒。我的訪談還有20分鐘就要開始了。你怎么能給忘了呢?
Taylor: I was really busy this morning. Carol gave me extra work.
泰勒:我今天上午真的很忙??_爾給了我額外的工作。
Rob: Well, I need those charts for my program. What am I going to do?
羅布:嗯,我的節目需要那些圖表。我要怎么辦呢?
Conversation C
對話C
Susie: Hi, Ben. Did you make that list of professors we can interview?
蘇西:嗨,本。你有沒有列出我們能采訪的教授的名單呢?
Ben: No, not yet.
本:沒有,還沒有。
Susie: Ben! I need that list as soon as possible.
蘇西:本!我需要盡快拿到那份名單。
Ben: But you said, "If you have time this morning, try to make the list." And I didn't have time.
本:但是你說的是:“如果你今天上午有時間,就弄一下名單”??晌覜]有時間啊。
Susie: I was being polite. I needed you to make the list this morning.
蘇西:我那么說是客氣。我需要你今天上午就做出那份名單。
Ben: Then why didn't you say that?
本:那你為什么不那么說呢?