I'm a little nervous, because my wife Yvonne said to me, she said, "Geoff, you watch the TED Talks."
我有點緊張,因為我的妻子Yvonne對我說:“Geoff,你看TED演講的,對吧?”
I said, "Yes, honey, I love TED Talks."
我說:“對啊,親愛的,我喜歡TED演講。”
She said, "You know, they're like, really smart, talented..."
她說:“那些演講者可都是很聰明、很有才能的人哦!”
I said, "I know, I know."
我說:“這我知道、知道。”
She said, "They don't want, like, the angry black man."
她說:“那觀眾不會喜歡你這個怒氣沖沖的黑老頭吧?”
So I said, "No, I'm gonna be good, Honey, I'm gonna be good. I am."
因此,我對她說:“放心好了,我不會發火的,親愛的!我會控制我的情緒的,我會的!”
But I am angry. And the last time I looked, I'm...
可是,我還是火大了。最后我還是生氣了不是?
So this is why I'm excited but I'm angry.
這就是我興奮的原因,可我還是生氣了。
This year, there are going to be millions of our children that we're going to needlessly lose,
今年,將會有成百上千萬的學生完全沒必要地在我們的手中流失,
that we could -- right now, we could save them all.
而其實,我們現在還可以拉他們一把的。
You saw the quality of the educators who were here.
我們的師資質量各位是有目共睹的。
Do not tell me they could not reach those kids and save them.
你可別對我說我們的教育工作者沒法幫那些孩子和拉他們一把。
I know they could. It is absolutely possible. Why haven't we fixed this?
我知道,他們可以的。他們完全可以做到的。可為什么我們沒去做這件事呢?
Those of us in education have held on to a business plan that we don't care how many millions of young people fail,
我們有些教育工作者已經習慣墨守成規,我們不太在乎有幾百萬的學生學無所成,
we're going to continue to do the same thing that didn't work, and nobody is getting crazy about it -- right?
而我們還樂此不疲地繼續做著那些無用功,而從來都沒有人因此生過氣,發過火,對不?
Enough to say, "Enough is enough." So here's a business plan that simply does not make any sense.
這些足夠我說:“我受夠了”。所以,我想講一下這種毫無意義的教育模式。