Conversation A
對話A
Taylor: Why don't you cook?
泰勒:為什么你不做飯呢?
Linda: I can't cook. I burn everything.
琳達:我不會做飯。我會把所有東西給弄焦的。
Taylor: Some of these recipes are really easy. Even you could make them.
泰勒:有些烹飪真的很容易。即使是你也能完成的。
Linda: Really? I'm terrible in the kitchen.
琳達:真的嗎?我在廚房里的表現很糟糕的。
Taylor: Now, Linda. Do you have a stove?
泰勒:琳達,你有火爐嗎?
Linda: Yes, of course.
琳達:當然有。
Taylor: Do you have an oven?
泰勒:你有烤箱嗎?
Linda: Yes.
琳達:有的。
Taylor: Then you can cook! Let's find a recipe for you!
泰勒:那你就能做飯了!我給你找一個食譜吧!

Conversation B
對話B
Susie: Hi, Rob. What did you cook last night?
蘇西:嗨,羅布。你昨晚做了什么菜?
Rob: I tried a new recipe. I cooked spicy beef with peppers.
羅布:我嘗試了一個新菜品。我做了麻辣牛肉。
Susie: And how did it turn out?
蘇西:那結果怎么樣?
Rob: Not very well. It didn't taste very good.
羅布:不是很好。味道嘗起來不怎樣。
Susie: Why didn't it taste good?
蘇西:為什么嘗起來不好呢?
Rob: The beef was dry and tough.
羅布:牛肉又干又難咬。
Susie: I'm sorry. Some recipes just aren't very good.
蘇西:真遺憾。有些食譜就是不太好。
Rob: I know! That was one of them!
羅布:我知道!這就是其中之一!
Conversation C
對話C
Susie: You look excited about something.
蘇西:你看起來很激動啊。
Rob: I am! I'm going to take a cooking class.
羅布:沒錯!我要參加一個烹飪班了。
Susie: Great! Where?
蘇西:太棒了!在哪里呢?
Rob: At the supermarket. Did you know they have cooking classes?
羅布:在超市里。你知道他們開設烹飪課嗎?
Susie: No, I didn't.
蘇西:我不知道。
Rob: Well, I signed up for one. It's an Italian cooking class.
羅布:恩,我報名了一項課程。是一門意大利烹飪課。
Susie: Fun! After you take the class, you can invite me over for dinner.
蘇西:有趣!你學完課程之后,要邀請我去吃晚餐啊。
Rob: Sure! And I'll share the recipes with you!
羅布:當然!我會和你分享一下食譜的!