Now where is the car industry on that? Very interesting.
汽車工業在這個問題上的位置究竟在哪?這非常有意思。
The car industry has been focused just on themselves.
汽車工業一直都只專注在它們自己身上。
They basically looked at it and said, "Car 1.0 we'll solve everything within the car itself."
基本上他們查看了形勢然后決定,“汽車1.0我們將在汽車身上解決所有問題。”
No infrastructure, no problem. We forgot about the entire chain around us.
沒有基本設施,沒有問題。我們忘記了這些圍繞著我們的產業鏈。
All this stuff that happens around.
這些在我們身邊發生的事情。
We are looking at the emergence of a car 2.0 -- a whole new market, a whole new business model.
我們正關注汽車2.0的發展--一個全新的市場,一個全新的商業模式。
The business model in which the money that is actually coming in, to drive the car
這個商業模式帶來新的收益,駕駛汽車會促使,
the minutes, the miles if you want, that you are all familiar with -- subsidize the price of the car, just like cellphones.
時間,英里如果那比較便于理解,這些你熟悉的概念,用來補助汽車的價錢,就像手機一樣。
You'll pay for the miles. And some of it will go back to the car maker.
你只負責駕駛距離。這些錢,一部分將會回到汽車制造商身上。
Some of it will go back to your own pocket.
一部分將會回到你自己的口袋里。
But our cars are actually going to be cheaper than gasoline cars.
我們的汽車將比汽油汽車便宜。
You're looking at a world where cars are matched with windmills.
這將是一個汽車與風車磨坊相組合的世界。
In Denmark, we will drive all the cars in Denmark from windmills, not from oil.
在丹麥,我們將依賴風力而不是汽油,來駕駛所有的汽車。
In Israel, we've asked to put a solar farm in the south of Israel.
在以色列,我們將在南部建立一個太陽能磨坊。
And people said, "Oh that's a very very large space that you're asking for."
人們說,“你們要的可是一個巨大的空間。”
And we said, "What if we had proven that in the same space we found oil for the country for the next hundred years?"
我們回答,“如果我們證明在這個空間里,我們可以為這個國家找到足夠一百年的石油?”
And they said, "We tried. There isn't any."
他們說,“我們已經嘗試過了。那里沒有石油。”
We said, "No no, but what if we prove it?"
我們說,“不,不,我們能證明,怎么樣?”
And they said, "Well you can dig."
然后他們說,“那你就挖吧。”
And we decided to dig up, instead of digging down. These are perfect matches to one another.
于是我們開始往上挖,并不是往下鉆。這些是完全符合雙方的資源。
Now all you need is about 10 percent of the electricity generated.
現在你只需要百分之10的所得電力。
Think of it as a project that spans over about 10 years. That's one percent a year.
想像這個是持續10年的項目。那便是平均每年百分之1。
Now when we're looking at solving big problems, we need to start thinking in two numbers.
現在我們正要解決一些主要的問題,我們必須開始考慮兩個數字。
And those are not 20 percent by 2020.
它們并不是在2010年達到百分之20。
The two numbers are zero -- as in zero footprint or zero oil -- and scale it infinity.
這兩個數字是零,零排放量和零耗油量,并且把它們的規模無窮的擴大。
And when we go to COP15 at the end of this year we can't stop thinking of padding CO2.
當我們在今年年底前往COP15,我們不停的在想如何襯墊二氧化碳。
We have to start thinking about giving kickers to countries that are willing to go to this kind of scale.
我們得開始設想如何鼓勵那些愿意采用這個方案的國家。