And she goes, "Uh... no."
然后她說:“呃,不記得。”
Of course, the only thing I could say at that point was, "Yeah, me neither. Yeah -- me neither."
所以當然了,我也只能說:“哦,我也是...我也是。”
And I'm thinking to myself, "Brené, what are you doing? Why did you bring this up?
然后我對自己說:“布琳,你在干什么?你在干嗎呢?你怎么會提這個?
Have you lost your mind? Your sisters would be perfect for this."
你昏了頭了嗎? 你的姐妹這方面是很完美的。”
So I looked back up and she said, "Are you really going to try to break in and steal the video before they put it on YouTube?"
我回過神來,于是她說: “你不會是真的想撬門進去,在他們上傳到YouTube之前,把視頻偷出來吧?”
And I said, "I'm just thinking about it a little bit."
我說:“我就是想了一小下。”
She said, "You're like the worst vulnerability role model ever."
她說:“你就是史上最糟糕的脆弱者榜樣。”
Then I looked at her and I said something that at the time felt a little dramatic, but ended up being more prophetic than dramatic.
然后我看著她說了一些,當時看有點戲劇性,現在看更像是預言的話。
I said, "If 500 turns into 1,000 or 2,000, my life is over."
如果500變成1000或者2000,我就死定了。
I had no contingency plan for four million.
我壓根就沒想過四百萬點擊率是什么情況。
And my life did end when that happened.
于是我的生活真的完了。
And maybe the hardest part about my life ending is that I learned something hard about myself,
而或許其中最困難的,就是我發現了自身糾結的那一部分,
and that was that, as much as I would be frustrated about not being able to get my work out to the world,
那就是:一方面我會因為無法把我的工作成果展現給公眾而失落,
there was a part of me that was working very hard to engineer staying small, staying right under the radar.
而另一方面我又非常努力想做到不引人注目,隱藏在公眾的視線之下。
But I want to talk about what I've learned.
但是我想講一下我所學到的。
There's two things that I've learned in the last year.
在過去的一年我學到兩件事。