And then I hear, "Vulnerability TED!" I turn around, I go, "Hi."
然后我聽到:“脆弱TED!” 我轉過身,說:“嗨。”
She's right here and she said, "You're the shame researcher who had the breakdown."
她就在這兒,然后她說:“你就是那個崩潰了的羞恥研究員。”
At this point, parents are, like, pulling their children close.
這時侯,父母們都拉緊他們的孩子。
"Look away." And I'm so worn out at this point in my life, I look at her and I actually say, "It was a fricking spiritual awakening."
“看別處。”這一刻我簡直太無語了,我看著她脫口而出的是:“那是一次靈魂的覺醒。”
And she looks back and does this, "I know."
然后她看著我就這樣,“我知道。”
And she said, "We watched your TED talk in my book club. Then we read your book and we renamed ourselves 'The Breakdown Babes.'"
然后她說:“我們在讀書俱樂部看了你的TED演講。然后讀了你的書之后,我們就給自己改了名字,叫 ‘崩潰辣妹。’”
And she said, "Our tagline is: 'We're falling apart and it feels fantastic.'"
然后她說:“我們的標語是:‘我們正在分崩離析,而且這感覺棒極了。'"
You can only imagine what it's like for me in a faculty meeting.
你們就能想象,我在教師會上是個什么情形了。
So when I became Vulnerability TED, like an action figure -- Like Ninja Barbie, but I'm Vulnerability TED
所以當我成了脆弱TED,像個玩具公仔,比如忍者芭比,只不過我叫脆弱TED。
-- I thought, I'm going to leave that shame stuff behind,
我想,我該把羞恥感研究放一放了,
because I spent six years studying shame before I started writing and talking about vulnerability.
因為在正式開始談和寫作關于脆弱之前,我花了6年的時間來研究羞恥感。
And I thought, thank God, because shame is this horrible topic, no one wants to talk about it.
我當時想,謝天謝地,因為羞恥是個這么可怕的話題。
It's the best way to shut people down on an airplane.
沒人想談論它,它是讓飛機上搭訕的人閉嘴的最好方法。
"What do you do?" "I study shame." "Oh."
“您是做什么的?” “我研究羞恥的。”“哦。”